We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo or Royal Palm

Iowa
Level Contributor
133 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo or Royal Palm

In the early stages of planning a trip. This will be our second trip. Last one was 3 years ago and we stayed at the Flamingo and were happy with the location and facilities. We rented a car and plan to do so again. This time I am looking at the Royal Palm. Is there much difference between the two? I realized they are sister properties. The Royal Palm is a few hundred dollars more- is it worth the extra expense? Can anyone who is familiar with both offer me a comparison? I always appreciate the information I get from these forums. Thanks.

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo or Royal Palm

Flamingo has a nicer swim beach with nicer sand. Both places have newly renovated rooms with free wifi in rooms. I'm partial to Flamingo since I own four weeks there. Flamingo has Toppers By The Sea and I'm not to impressed with the place at Royal Palm. Flamingo has a nicer pool but Royal palm has a swim up bar in their pool. All rooms at Royal Palm have ocean view and some at the Flamingo don't.

You can't go wrong with either place but since you've stayed at Flamingo you already know how nice it is and what to expect.

The Garden State
Level Contributor
209 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo or Royal Palm

Having stayed at both resorts, I would agree with SXMScubaman on the Flamingo.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo or Royal Palm

i agree that if you stayed once and where happy, why change. only big difference might be the view like scubaman said. but if you have an ocean view at flamingo, i would go back there.

4. Re: Flamingo or Royal Palm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:18