We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

Anything close by that people recommend? Or is it better to go to a larger chain farther away with the rental car? I saw recommendations for a le grand marche. (Is there one of those by Oyster Bay?)

Thanks!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,592 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

There is a well stocked smll grocery righ outside the OBBR gate on the pond side, for larger orders best to visit Grand Marche on Bush Rd.

----------------------------------------

http://legrandmarche.net/

----------------------------------------

30 minute drive +/-

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
630 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

For small stuff the small grocer on the pier is fine but more expensive. Grand Marche past Phillipsburg is very nice with large selection and can save you some $. Larger grocers that are closer are Sunny Market and Fresh Market. The French side of OP has 3 small grocers, one right on the main road, another just to the immediate east, and the best one is further east on the side road. In general tho, prices on the Dutch side are better.

Have a great trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

there's a le grand marche on bush rd just o/s pburg and one in cole bay. depending on traffic, both are a good 20-30 minutes away, then you account for the trip back too so double it but those are great.

the convenience store in OBBR is a small convenience store with prices 50% and up more than le grand marche. A pint of haagen dazs was $8.50 in there when I was there, at le grand marche i think it was 5.

there's a price leader on the french side, kind of like a little costco, was the best place for chocolate imho but not a huge selection of liquor and other items but because of the roads that place could be 30 min away.

as someone said there's at least two little convenience stores on the french side of oyster pond, one is nasty and dirty but the owner is sweet, the other is nicer and smaller.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

We'll try hitting up a Le grande marche or even this place called sangs I think. We have found the grocery on the pier does have high prices but saves you a drive. Fresh market was okay but we think we need to check out this grand marche that everyone is recommending. Fresh market wasn't so fresh. I eat to a of salad and their greens for salad (Organic Eathbound farms) was 3 days past their use by date.... But we picked up enough other stuff to at least take care of a few breakfasts and a lunch or two.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

le grande marche is a US style supermarket, and they are both huge and have a phenomenal selection. i liked the one in cole bay a little better but they are both great. they also have two smaller "le gourmet marches" which are much smaller versions, one in simpson bay and one in cupecoy. make sure you hit the grande marche is you want the best selection of foods so you dont have to eat out all the time.

there's another supermarket on the road from OBBR to Bush Road, cannot recall the name but I didn;'t go in there.

6. Re: Staying at Oyster Bay Beach Resort - Nearby grocery stores?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 05:18