We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stand Up Paddleboarding

Greeley, CO
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Stand Up Paddleboarding

Where is the best place on the island to try/learn Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP)? We are first-timers to the island and SUP. Would assume calm water is necessary. Any suggestions on who to rent from? I have seen a price for $25/hour--seems pricey to me, but is that a fair/standard price? Will be there next week (4/20-4/26) Thanks!

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

The stand near the Cul de Sac ferry terminal also rents standup paddle boards.

http://www.caribbeanpaddling.com

colorado
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

The website has a message that Caribbean paddling is closed from August 28th to mid October. We are headed to St. Maarten Oct.13th. Are there any other rental places that we could get an SUP to go the Pinel Island?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,268 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

My visiting friends loved this: coconutreefsurfschool.com/paddle-boards.html

colorado
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

Thanks! Ill check it out.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

Did you want to pay for a lesson or just rent and learn by yourselves?

There is a stand up board tour in Simpson Bay, around $60 for I think 2 or 3 hours: sxmdeals.com/st-maarten-excursions-coconut-r…

Otherwise I have rented them kaykas and stand up boards at Pinel which was great but if they are closed.... You can go to Galion Beach! This is a great alternative for sure!

It was $25 for a two hour rental, you can paddle over to the reef and the mangroves too. Galion is quite a cool place, I am sure quite a few people will agree. Just don't leave any valuables on the beach of in the car, you can leave them with the surf shop that rents out the boards (sxmdeals.com/st-maarten-excursions-galion-st…).

6. Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sint Maarten