We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient Bay Restaurants

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
684 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Orient Bay Restaurants

Hi all, I wanted to make up a list of Orient Bay restaurants that will be within walking distance of our condo, in Feb./March.... Inexpensive, preferably, like beach rests. that are good to drop in for pizza or hamburgers, stuff like that? I realize there is good fine dining in St. Martin, but our budget will probably only allow doing that once or twice... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

There are quite a few restaurants and bars in Orient Village. Safari Grill (French), Ti Chi (Asian), Le Piment (pizza, casual dining), Cote Plage (French),Little Itale (pasta) Across the street is Paris Texas, a Tex/Mex place w/bar, and Tap 5 for pizza and other light meals. Le Cadre serves mostly tapas. Additionally right outside Orient complex on the main road is Rancho Del Sol for dinner and drinks.

In the Orient complex is also Cafe Plantation, and L'Astroble at the Esmeralda resort. They are both very good and more upscale.

Several beach bars have parties at night during high season - Waikiki, Budha Bar at Bikini, Kontiki and Boo Boo Jams, Aloha for lunch. Pedros for BBQ and more..many beach bars open during the day for lunch, some for breakfast.

.There is an ATM located at the gas station in Grand Case on the main road down the hill from the police station as you are coming into town from Marigot and there is also one on the main road to Anse Marcel. Restaurants like tips to be paid in cash even when a credit card is used. It is a good idea to have some USD or Euro handy.

edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.…

Edited: 13 August 2010, 15:15
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
325 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

The LoLo's are good and really inexpensive.

I don't know of any at Orient but the one's in the middle of Grand Case are a good start.

Tuesday's are Harmony night and they have various bands and performers.

It is like a street festival with the focal point in front of the 4 LoLo's.

You can eat and have a beer or two for around $25 (2 people)

Other posters know of many places but we have just gone to Grand Case.

Much cheaper than Orient.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

Pedro's is a well know lolo on Orient, great BBQ and more...Baywatch is a reasonably priced beach bar/restaurant.... more...

http://andyandcherylbaywatch.com/

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

More on Harmony Nights from this year past....

http://www.grandcase.com/harmony.html

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
684 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

Excellent, thank you all, keep the comments coming! And yes, we plan on heading down on Tuesdays to Grand Case for the PARTY... for sure! On that note, even if we rent a car, we don't want to be drinkin' and drivin', so that day would probably either get a cab OR is there a bus that goes & comes back from Orient at all?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

Best to taxi over to GC and back if your hotel does not provide shuttle service to Harmony Night event.

ny
Level Contributor
219 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

Andy & Cheryls is our favorite Beach restaurant. Try the Mussels ala Andy or the Margarita shrimp. GUTSIDE is a low cost alternative to the LOLOS. Better food, atmosphere and service for about $20 pp total.

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

I've been putting together a list of restaurants around the island with some reviews and website links so here is the website if you want to take a look. I made it for my guests but let me know your thoughts:

www.sxmcommunity.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
684 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

thanks very much, was unable to login but was able to hover over the restaurant titles and take a look!

St Martin / St...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orient Bay Restaurants

Thanks Suzie for letting me know. I have the site only for viewing and not really for posting. The intent is just to put all info into one place with honest reviews from a few friends of mine :) for my guests.

Hope it helps you as well.

Have a great trip!