We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds Cruise Club

Which Saint-Martin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tradewinds Cruise Club

Any advice for this trip? Scheduled to depart next week out of St. Martin

96 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Hi. We're going in June. How was your trip?

Jo

florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

We are scheduled with Tradewinds for the June 30th cruise..when are you going? We have always had a great time (this will be our fourth Tradewinds, St. Maarten cruise.) Would love feedback from "smandler", we heard that there are new boats...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

i have thought of trying this as well. any detailed info would be great.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Hi

We went on this cruise on 2nd June. It was fantastic! We sailed with Captain Adrian and his first mate Sam (his wife) on their maiden voyage and had a great time. There were2 other couples, plus Janeca, a director of the company. The catamaran was called Motu Iti, and was a 'cruise class'. They also have luxury and flagship classes. The cat we were on was great, if not as new as Dream Maker, a luxury class ship. The food was fantastic; we couldn't eat it all, there was so much! My husband doesn't eat fish, so Sam made special meals for him. They really couldnt do enough for us. The boys on the cruise joined in when anchoring or hoisting the sails.

We sailed round St Martin, St Barts and Anguilla, regularly mooring up so we could jump,off and snorkel or dive. I'd recommend this cruise to anyone. Hope you enjoy it!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

how did the diving go ?? can you go on your own or do they guide the dives. what did they charge if you have your own gear ?? thx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Hi

Only able to dive once because of weather/timing etc, but it was great. Tradewinds members are free, but if you're not a member it costs $75. We didn't have our own gear tho, so not sure about cost if you do. A crew member has to go with you.

Also, there's additional cost if you dive within the National Park. Another $75 I think.

Hope this helps!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

75/dive ?? holy cow !! thats crazy high. thx for the info. guess we won't be doin that trip.

Albuquerque, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Tradwinds: Ponzi Scheme

They have one new boat at the Dock and you must buy a 35000 dollar package in order to step on the big new Catamaran. There old Catamarans are junk. Old Dated and your sewage is pumped out instantly. So if you in a nice anchorage like St Barts, in the marina in St Martin, Anguilla Your pumping raw sewage every where and heaven forbid if someone is swimming. Early morning swimmers beware.

Food is weard. One dish looks like curried dog food and rice. So bring lots of energy bars and snacks.

Diving only if the captain thinks your going to buy a package after there timeshare presentation.

So tell um your going to buy up untill late Friday night. Hold off untill the end or else cold should service starts.

Tips: dont forget to bring atleast $400 bucks cash, Tshirts for the crew they need them. The crew only work for tips and commission. They work hard.

If your a X-smoker, you may start again.

If you get stuck with older and crazy guests you cant get off for 7 days.

Bring ear plugs for when the generator is turned on at 7am

Bring hand sanitizer and wipes.

Febreze is a must for clothes and your cabin.

Offshore Business means no safety or cleaning standards.

If you want to stay in a 20year old Camper van with a bunch of random Jimmy Buffett fans that like to camp this is your vacation.

I still have nightmares of sinking

florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Sadly, I have to agree with much of what you just said. (Although I stop short of Ponzi scheme, I fervently hope that is not the case...) We have sailed four times with Tradewinds on the St. Martin/Anguilla/St. Barth route and enjoyed ourselves immensely every time. Truly we had wonderful experiences! We recently cruised St. Martin/Anguilla from June 30 to July 4th, on the Jacqueline, leaving the boat early because we did not want to cruise to St. Barth. (this had been previously arranged with Tradewinds.) Our boat was one of the older boats and not well maintained. To say that we were disappointed is an understatement. I am still trying to sort out how much of the experience was boat related/company policy/weather/waves! I am grateful that we did not invite guests to sail with us. This was our first bad experience and I hope our last! We plan to try again next year, but we will research the vessel age and amenities before committing to the trip.We are Tradewinds members since 2003, and have upgraded our membership once. We do not intend to upgrade again and have made that clear, so perhaps that is why we were on an older boat???? I also intend to discuss our experience directly with Tradewinds Cruise Club.

Calgary
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tradewinds Cruise Club

Hello,

I will be going on the St Maarten / St. Barths / Anguilla tradewinds cruise in Novemeber. Were still not sure what boat class we will be sailing on but was wondering what the "cruising class" boat was like that you sailed on?

Thanks,

Brooke

Reply to: Tradewinds Cruise Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted