We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

I am planning a trip to St Maartin with my hubby for Dec 2013...he is currently deployed (yet again...sigh) ...he says this island is his favorite place on earth. We are beach bums at heart and are rather low maintenance. Want sun and fun. I have never been to this destination, but he has, twice...Just want to say thank you to the regular contributors to this forum. Your expert input is incredibly helpful.

We are planning to stay at La Flamboyant Hotel...just because it is a reasonably priced, centrally located place...renting a car...not looking for 'turn down service' or mints on the pillow...just a clean room and clean shower. Any input from recent experience?

Perhaps, we could find a schmancier hotel, but I'd rather spend 10 days in paradise instead of 5....you know what I mean?

Any info would be helpful - thanks!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,483 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

First, thank you to your husband for his service.

Now, if you are looking for a beach, you will have to drive, as Flamboyant is on the lagoon and you can't swim there. So long as you are fine with that, have a great time!

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,629 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

http://www.afvclub.com/

You may wish to use this above site for future vacations at savings to you both.

--------------------------------------------

For this trip - we have stayed at Le Flamboyant a numberr of times. Nice resort, nice beach, lagoon side as Elaine said, several excellent beaches nearby, Red, Prune, Long Bays, hotel has nice restaurant, beach bar/cafe, two large pools, one is the"quiet" pool, if you don't want late night music in your room ask for a room near the quiet pool - dining options nearby too, not far from Marigot and the Dutch side.

Enjoy.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

I am so excited! Thank you!! We are so ready for a few days, just to chill...he deserves it...CANNOT WAIT!!!! xoxoxoxoxx

4. Re: La Flamboyant Hotel (sp) and a big Thank You to SXM pro's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin