We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight trouble

Novi, Michigan
5 posts
Save Topic
Flight trouble

Have heard people having issues with flying out this week... flights getting bumped and having to stay another day! Has anyone experienced this? We are hoping it happens to us!! Why not another night in paradise! ;-)

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight trouble

Nope, have not heard anything about it and I live here and read the paper every day. Where did you "hear" that? What airline?

Novi, Michigan
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight trouble

From two different couples around the island. FAA sequester....

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,724 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight trouble

Elaine, it's the budget cuts - On Monday, after the sequester cuts forced the Federal Aviation Administration to begin furloughs for air traffic controllers, delays began to build up at airports around the country. Nothing at EWR as far as I can tell.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,530 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight trouble

Sorry, I thought the OP meant flying out of SXM. US airport, yep, long lines at immigration have been causing lots of problems, missed flights I don't believe anyone has been "stuck"' here..

Granville MA
Level Contributor
659 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight trouble

We flew home on the 18th. Had originally heard that the flight was delayed but that didn't turn out to be the case. BUT for some reason our plane had to go to San Juan for fuel. This caused us to miss our connection in Charlotte. We had to fly standby on the last flight of the evening. We had been told that all the flights for Hartford the next day were full as well. We got that evening flight but the other couple we were traveling with didn't. They had to spend the night in Charlotte. We would have all much rather stayed in St. Maarten another night than to go through what we did!

6. Re: Flight trouble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin