We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late September - What to Expect

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Late September - What to Expect

We are considering our 5th trip to SXM Sept. 19th - 28th. We have never visited in September, and want to know if we will find a lot of restaurants closed for the off season. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,617 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late September - What to Expect

Honestly Dave, I never find a LOT of restaurants closed. Now, if you're talking Grand Case restaurant row, perhaps as it's not where we go. There are always plenty of choices.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late September - What to Expect

Thanks, SXM, I knew you would jump in and help! We found some cheap air fare and couldn't resist!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,617 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late September - What to Expect

Good for you! Staying close by again?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
89 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late September - What to Expect

Blue Marine this trip. Found a nice unit in a building we have stayed in before.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,617 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late September - What to Expect

Have fun!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
445 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late September - What to Expect

whats the weather like then? says in the weather section its hurricane time... is it rainy often then? reasonable to still expect decent weather most of the time?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,617 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late September - What to Expect

It's hurricane season from June 1 thru November 30. Yes, the weather is mostly nice, but there may be tropical weather passing by. Buy trip insurance.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,649 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late September - What to Expect

We stayed once in September....it was hot, island half empty, great storms in the evening...but lovely, I would not hesitate to visit in September as long as I had adequate insurance.

Triangle, NC
Level Contributor
157 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late September - What to Expect

We visited last September and are going back again at the same time. The weather is considered hot for St. Martin, but coming out of August in the American South, we thought it was actually pretty nice. Neither as hot nor as humid as we had just lived through.

Many of the restaurants in Grand Case were closed, but some weren't and on the rest of the island, there was plenty to do and most things were open. The only major thing that was closed was Loterie Farm.

Get some trip insurance and enjoy. We will be on the island at the same time (14th to 28th) staying in the Orient Bay area.

Aberdeen, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Late September - What to Expect

I plan to visit with the family in the first week of september & have travel insurance on my credit card, what kind of insurance are folks talking about? Do insurance cos pay for the weather being bad?

Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin