We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Which Saint-Martin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Any opinions on where to sit on Orient beach with chair rental and maybe a drink included...Thanks going in one week..Glenn

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
632 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

In general the further south you go the lower the surf. Lots of places have signs out front stating chair/umbrella/drink cost. You will find some that include a drink free. Some cater to the cruise ship crowd so can get pretty full if multiple ships in port. Enjoy a nice stroll on the beach to check out.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Thanks we will stroll the beaches and see what looks good..Glenn

Saginaw, Michigan
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

for god's sake stay away from the rats nest down by Pedro's. Head north and find a spot with some breathing space. The further you go the less people.

cpt

Marshfield,MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

We happen to be staunch la Playa fans! We have been there so many times over the years, that they know us and do not charge us a fee for the use of their loungers. But I know if you go there, and have lunch, that they usually will not charge for chair rental...and I believe it qualifies under the category of "staying away from the rat's nest" :)

USA
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

**for god's sake stay away from the rats nest down by Pedro's.**

I might need an explanation for this...

Ohio
Level Contributor
889 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Spilot, I think the "rats nest" reference is meant to indicate the closeness of the many beach bars/restaurants to each other, and therefore the packed in space of the lounge chairs & umbrellas. Then the many people who occupy them.

Further down the beach you get a little more (or much more) spacing so you don't feel so crowded. For us, sometimes we like the people watching and the access to multiple beach bars with little distance and other times we prefer the solitude of less people around. Once you get there you can easily see the distinction and make your choice for the day.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Thanks to all who replied.On our way in five days..Glenn

Saginaw, Michigan
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

By way of explanation....the part of the beach just north of Pedro's is very crowded as a lot of taxi drivers drop people there. To be honest most of the places that have chairs can be pretty crowded on some days. Taxis and buses have agreements with different businesses. We also lounge at La Playa since we stay at L'Hoste and the chairs come with the room. There is plenty of people watching there, and since many of the guests are French it has a more international feel to it. Bikinis next door is a good spot also. If you do wind up there, make sure that you walk behind Bikini's and check out Orient Village. Lot's of great restaurants and bars. A safe and fun spot at night. Weekends are the least crowded as the cruise ships are back home and the locals are out. Isle Pinel is pretty mellow on Sunday, I guess i am a bit Spoilt! Have fun.

PA
Level Contributor
77 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

Can anyone speak to parking for the day if we wanted to go to Playa or Bikinis??

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to sit on Orient beach .

There is parking right behind La Playa and Bikini. Never had trouble parking the car.