We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time - travelling late june

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Topic
First time - travelling late june

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you, I really need your advise. I have been doing lots of research and still don't know where to sleep.

We are arriving on June 21 and staying for 4 to 5 nights (haven't decided yet). It's our honeymoon and after saint maarten we will be heading to Punta Cana. On St. Maarten we will be doing a day trip to Anguilla and another to St. Barths.

Could you recommend me a good area to stay in late June? We would like a nice beach, with places to have dinner-lunch near the hotel, places to have a drink, some water activities maybe. I was thinking about Orient bay or Grand Case (cause of the recommendations I read), not sure if there will lots of people on those dates.

Also, which hotel do you recommend? Something nice and not extremely expensive (usd200 aprox).

Thank you very much,

Cheers,

Natalia

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time - travelling late june

We honeymooned to SXM (7 years ago tomorrow!) & did a day trip to St Barts & stayed a few days on Anguilla too! Great choices! We've returned every year for our anniversary!!

I love the Grand Case Beach Club - it's quiet but has a watersports desk & is walking distance to so many great restaurants! Depending on your dates, they are running a 5th night free promo for the summer. It would be less than your budget, but they may not have much available at this late date? (We usually stay in a one-bedroom oceanfront)

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,534 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time - travelling late june

With only 3 or 4 nights on SXM, including two days off the island, you won't have much time to see SXM at all. Late June will not be crowded.

3. Re: First time - travelling late june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Martin