We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Which Saint-Martin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Westford...
Level Contributor
253 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Looking at airfare and schedules, the results are crazy high ($1000 pp rt) and/or crazy long (18 hrs). Is it too early to be looking? Need advice. $600-$800 pp is what I consider reasonable.

Maine
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

You left out the most important thing... What are your intended travel dates?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

$1000? Are you flying first class Virgin?

from BOS, check out JetBlue. We got a direct from Boston for about $550 each. Every other carry appeared to have a layover in MIA.

Westford...
Level Contributor
253 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Exactly! I am talking about ECONOMY/COACH only. The prices are crazy high. Why? Too early? Gas prices? Less competition? Pricing algorithms? Also, I am willing to have 1 stop but not willing to take a 20 HR flight.

Edited: 01 August 2014, 17:12
Westford...
Level Contributor
253 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

February (high season) which I have gotten much better prices for the last several years.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Presidents Week?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
217 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Get to Charlotte on USAir then it's direct, 4 hours.

Mexico
Level Contributor
101 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

I flew JetBlue from portland Oregon for less than $500, it was around 11 hours to fly from Portland, OR, JFK, St. Martin. Booking 6 months in advance will get you a lower price from my experience. I would check out Jet Blue out of boston for a better price.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

I watched and booked JetBlue from Boston direct both ways the day that they opened up for January. I paid $574.00. In checking back on the rates, the round trip direct has doubled in cost. Think it is all pretty much based on timing. Going from 1/17 to 1/24/15.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Just booked 10 days in advance for $404. JFK direct to SXM, Jetblue- the deals are out there!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reasonable airfare from BOS to SXM?

Check out the Jetblue web site. The offer a couple of options-- either thrue jfk or san juan. The san juan flight continues on to sxm--you don't have to change planes. depending on your dates, you should be able to find some reasonable fares (keep in mind, on these international flights the taxes an fees can exceed $100.00 per ticket.)