We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Little Bay Cabins

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Little Bay Cabins

We are staying in early May. Cabin 5.

Can someone recommend a tour company or an individual for Appleton Estate and YS falls?

Maybe airport transfers too.

We visited Ochi years ago, but never this side of the island.

I know to stop and get drinks and snacks on the way.

Anything else I might need to consider? Thank you.

29 replies to this topic
Kingston, Ontario...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

For Airport transfer I would contact Joe Cool's taxi service - you can google "Jamaica Taxi", and a link to their website comes up.

We are travelling to little bay cabins at the end of March, and the Cabins quoted us 99 US dollars one way. I contacted Joe Cools Taxi and they have been fantastic with responding! They charge only $80.00 per couple one way - so a signifigant difference. I belive they were recommended by some other traveller's in other threads on this board.

Enjoy your trip!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

Many "tour companies" don't come to Little Bay so if you book Joe Cools (many here reccomend) then ask if they will come back for excursions. Otherwise I'd ask at the Cabins for thier driver-not to/from airport but for local excursions.

Having access to a driver in Little Bay is helpful for not only planned excursions but for little journeys as well.

Are you up for a motercycle ride? Motorbike taxi is the means of transportation in Little Bay so you can access that as well. Also bike rentals.

PEACE!

United States
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

There are many tour companies in Jamaica that will take you around the island. However, as stated above, not all of them will come to Little Bay Cabins. Arrange any tours you want to go on before you arrive at the cabins.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

Joe Cool and Alrick Allen are the two best for drivers to Little Bay.

Make your plans before you leave with them ---so that you can arrange to get a real nice excursion all set.

With these two drivers in particular--they will take you just about anywhere you want to go...while Joe Cool is the most reasonable right now--Alrick Allen is extremely well known for his EXCELLENT service.....

Let them know if you want to make stops before getting t Little Bay Cabins--this could be anywhere--grocerys , Liqour store , where ever you want...just try not to wait for the last minute--because their time is money and they may have set time ONLY for getting you from point A to point B .

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

thank you. there isn't much information out there about this area. after much research, i have found that joe cool is going to be the way to go for airport transfers. seems you all are right about few companies coming to little bay. makes me excited about the remote area.

will joe cool make stops before arriving to the cabins for snacks, water and liquor?

how can i get in touch with Alrick Allen? we would like to do appleton estate and ys falls during our stay.

can someone also share their experience about the food at little bay cabins? we arent hard to please, but would like to know how the food is there. breakfast was included in our deal. we plan to have snacks and just pay when we want to eat..

thanks again for all your advice.

Edited: 23 January 2013, 14:26
United States
Level Contributor
11,832 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

"will joe cool make stops before arriving to the cabins"

Almost all transfer companies will if you are doing a private transfer. You will need to ask if there will be an extra charge for the service.

"how can i get in touch with Alrick Allen?"

See the following http://yourjamaicantourguide.com/contact-us

"can someone also share their experience about the food at little bay cabins?"

See the following tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1625485-d24229…

"we arent hard to please, but would like to know how the food is there."

See the reference above. There are several comments on how the food is (and is not) there.

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

thanks thevinnie. i emailed Alrick Allen.

i have read the reviews about the food. i was wondering if anyone on here had been recently and could be more specific about what is served. there seems to be mixed feelings about it. due to this we have opted not to do the meal plan.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

I would PM some of the most recent people that have reviewed their stay. That's what I meant to do but haven't yet. I'm staying in # 5 in July. From what I've read, #5 is a stand alond that doesn't share a wall!!

Tarpon Springs...
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

we too are staying in #5. from what i read it is a stand alone. i did pm one person who recently reviewed, but havent heard anything from them. may try facebook to see if anyone can advise there. i just want to know what to expect in regards to food. to many mixed reviews on the food. dont really care what is served as long as there is something available to eat when we are hungry. hopefully there are some options on food.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just booked Little Bay Cabins

The mixed reviews are correct right now.

Some people are okay with the food and some people are not happy with the quantity OR not having enough American Style food.

They have a great cook on right now----whos' making many visitors very happy.......they hads some trouble back a year or so ago with the food scheduled by a worker left in charge--who shorted visitors on quantity and I guess quality of the food as well.

I personally think that directly calling them and speaking to them about the menu would really be the way to go.....Maybe you could mention what foods YOU may want to have...........I think that doing so may very well be helpful in making sure the menues are what visitors really want to see.....

For the most part these are Jamaican people.....when they first started up --they served Jamaican Food Only....they realized that some guests wanted more American Foods...but it takes time to build up menues and be sure of having the products and to be sure they are serving the things MOST visitors would want to have.

For me---I really enjoy the Jamaican Foods--as I do not eat lots of meat ...I do not do burgers nor pizzas much at home and just about NEVER when I travel....The heat especially makes me not desire any sort of heavy foods. so I would NOT want pizzas and burgers as MY OPTIONS on any menu...but others may WANT more meats or fuller portions...and I think this is where the issues with the foods really come from.

Give them a call............

http://www.littlebaycabins.com/

Edited: 24 January 2013, 03:12
Reply to: Just booked Little Bay Cabins
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Little Bay