We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Hello! We'll be in Manzanillo for about ten days in January, 2012, and I have a few questions:

Restaurants: We will have a kitchen and plan to cook some, but I was curious if there are any restaurants or cafes, either in Manzanillo or in neighboring villages. If so, how expensive are they?

Activities: I know there are some really fun activities in the area, like horseback rides in the jungle, surfing, snorkeling, fishing, etc. - however, I can't find any detailed information about these things online. Does anyone have an idea what they cost?

I assume nothing is ridiculously expensive since this area isn't too touristy (and we don't have a lot to spend), but I do want to make sure we bring enough money to enjoy ourselves. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Boise, Idaho
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

There not alot to do in manzanillo and can seem remote which is a good thing. There's only two small stores to buy food and the restaurants are so so. The weekends you can see bus loads of ticos come into manzanillo and it can rain alot even during the dry season. There's a pizza restaurant where you can rent bikes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Thanks Dapperdan! I know Manzanillo itself is remote, but there are other villages within walking/ driving distance, yes? I'm not worried about the quality of the food (I'm vegetarian and will be eating a lot of rice and beans, I imagine) but more the cost - since I know there won't be a lot of ATMs in that area, I just want to make sure we bring enough.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Which Manzanillo are you talking about?

Seattle
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Hi Rebecca! My boyfriend and I live in Seattle, and will be in that area January 21-31, too. We are staying in Punta Uva until the 27th, then aren't sure yet where we'll stay (either near PV still or head to the Arenal volcano area). Thanks for posting this--maybe we'll see you in town! Look for a 6' tall girl with with long blonde hair likely having lunch or a beer with a 6'4" dude with a shaved head. We're both in our 30's. :)

Deb

Boise, Idaho
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

You are staying in Manzanillo on Caribbean side? If you are you need to rent a bike to get around or take the bus. I am vegetarian to the bean and rice got old real fast for me lol.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
102 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Hi John here in PEI Canada. We are heading down in Apr for 2 weeks

and staying 4 days in Manzanillo at Bucus Cabins & Tours. Look them up

at their website. A fellow named Omar there does the tours, looks

interesting. Look forward to your return post, drop us a line on return if you

don't mind, would luv to know, what you did, etc. Thanks and Merry Christmas

John and Tina

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Maxis-...the best lobster in town...lovely locals around...

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
16 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

Trip report please :)

9. Re: Manzanillo: restaurants & activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2016, 22:16