We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Rental Recommendations

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
House Rental Recommendations

We are traveling as a family to Manzanillo this winter and we are trying to get a sense of the locations of rental houses. Are the houses at the far end of town near the creek ideal or others on the road into town better? We have kids in tow as well. Thanks in advance for any advise!

Abel Bustamante - Tour Guide
Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Nature Observatorio
Nature & Wildlife Areas
The Ara Project
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Bucus Tours
Sightseeing Tours
4 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Rental Recommendations

Rental houses are all the way from Puerto Viejo...even from Playa Negra...all the way to Manzanillo...by the beach road...sorry is onle really one road all the way...

Check Casa Caracola...I know some nice people will give you some other great options...

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House Rental Recommendations

Such a nice area the south Caribbean

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Rental Recommendations

If you have a car, which I recommend if you want to stay in Manzanillo, just find a place you like and within your budget, El Arbol and Congo Bongo are nice.

Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: House Rental Recommendations

North of town might be quieter at night- Moxie's sometimes has loud music well past midnight. If you are on the south side of the creek (won't be parking a car there), the jungle might buffer the noise. I stayed right in town, which was convenient for beach,bus,amenities,etc., but found it to be quite noisy with Moxie's, the church which has singing in the evening (which I enjoyed, but depending on your children's ages, might hamper their sleep) until 9pm, several times/week, dogs barking, and roosters that begin their mornings at 3.

Reply to: House Rental Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo