We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

My friends and I just left Khao Sok today for Koh Phi Phi. Everywhere in town transfers to Phi Phi arrive at 3:30pm for a cost of 750 baht, so we were curious when we saw one company advertising a transfer for 600 baht. That is what got us in the door. They said the 600 baht option took 6.5 hours while the 750 option everywhere else took 5 to 5.5 hours. Tbey however could offer us a direct transfer to the pier with an immediate boat departure for only 750 baht per person, and it would only take 4 hours! We thought it sounded too good to be true, but at worst it would be 5 to 5.5 hours like all the other companies charging 750. I reiterated with the man seceral times that it would be direct and would only take 4 hours and he assured me this was the case. 2 hours to the pier then 2 hours on the boat. 2.5 hours after departure we arrived at a bis terminal where a man told us we would wait 2 hours to take a 1 hour bus to the ferry which would take 2 to 2.5 hours for a total of 7 to 7.5 hours!! Not only did he lie about it taking 4 hours, we would actually be taking 2 hours longer than all the other companies charging 750, and an hour longer than people paying 600. I called them to ask what was going on and the guy hung up on me!!! He never answered his phone after that either. I called my hotel and they told me this company was notorious for this scam and they are the only people in town doing it. I would warn anyone not to do business with this company. They lie and overcharge their customers with a smile on their face. Avoid Easy Tours in Khao Sok if you can.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
5 replies to this topic
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

This reply is about tours around the Khao Sok area so has nothing to do with trips to Phi Phi, but still has relevance.

A lot/all of the hotels and guesthouses and tour companies in Khao Sok village push their tours really hard. Nowhere else have I been pressure sold tours before in Thailand. Nowhere else have I read reviews about hotel owners arguing with their guests because they booked their tours elsewhere.

The tours are obviously a big part of their revenue. I dislike tours, in general, so I do the jungle treks by myself, but then I have lots of experience in jungles so I probably know almost as much as the guides leading the tours, and if whoever sold the tour just roped in their nephew to lead the tour, then I probably know more. The lake part of Khao Sok, well, unless you want to swim for hours you have to take a tour, it's unavoidable.

Edited: 19 July 2017, 15:32
Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
7,493 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

"We thought it sounded too good to be true".............nuff said

Wageningen, The...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

We have a similar experience; avoid Khao Sok easy tour! We booked a minivan to Krabi and one from Krabi to Koh lanta. We were told there was plenty of time in between and that the bus would wait for us if we would be late (he called to the company again to reassure that, as we weren't too sure about the waiting part). The first minivan picked us up 40 min late, and when we arrived to Krabi 20 min late, the bus to Koh lanta had already left. They made us wait 2 more hours in the office, without any clear answers to our questions whatsoever, to take the next bus. They even told us they had already sold our seats to other tourists that afternoon, though they did not respond anymore when we elaborated on the that. When calling easy tours to ask for an explanation, he told us he would call us back, which he of course never did. Neither did he pick up the phone when we called.i understand companies work differently here than they do in Europe, but this is just not how you treat customers.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,415 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

Is this the company you booked through? phuketeasytour.com/phuket-package-tour/khao-…

If is it is Phuket Easy Tour and is misleading to post it on this forum as if it was a Khao Sok based company. If anywhere your complaint should be on the Phuket or even Krabi forum - or both!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand

Lol. Thank you for your concern. No thats not what I meant. I entered the correct business name but I do appreciate you clarifying that for others who may not realize that Phuket and Khao Sok are different places in different provinces of Thailand. Annevanlanen on the other hand seems to have come across the same place.

Edited: 22 October 2017, 18:27
Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Reply to: Scam tour company: Easy Tours in Khao Sok Thailand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted