We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Khao Sok.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Hi.

We are 3 guys around the 30´s looking for adventure and things to do and see in Khao Sok. Not looking into nightlife and party.

We want to stay 4 nights in Khao Sok.

Where do you recommend to stay and which tours to do?? Should we stay the 4 days in the same resort??

Thank you!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,274 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Have a look at Khao Sok Explorer at http://khao-sok-explorer.e-monsite.com/ . There are various tour options or they will tailor make one for you. We stayed in a tree house at the excellent Baan Khao Lak Resort booked with this company and then booked tours when we arrived. Over 4 nights I would split between accommodation near the National Park (see the recently added map at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-… for locations) and in a floating raft house on Cheow Lan Lak (see videos at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-k3934494-Super_videos_of_Khao_Sok_and_Cheow_Lan_Lake-Khao_Sok_National_Park.html). Contact Mathilde via the website for advice and help on both accommodation and tours.

You could also have a look at Limestone Lake Tours and contact Kris at http://www.limestonelaketours.com/

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Finally we will stay at OUR JUNGLE HOUSE or LAS ORQUIDEAS RESORT.

Should we book the activities there in the hotel or before in any website??

As easy as possible better...

Thank you so much!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
659 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Have stayed at Our Jungle House before and it's lovely there, as it's in the quiet part of Khao Sok. Don't worry about booking activities ahead of time. You can do it when you arrive.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,274 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Agree with kutepanda about booking tours when you arrive. The Las Orchideas may be more to your liking as it is Spanish style and luxurious compared with other Thai style resorts. Depends whether you want a truly Thai experience. Both resorts are highly recommended.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Hi!

Las Orquideas is fully booked...

What about "The Cliff & River Jungle Resort" instead of "Our jungle resort" for the 4 nights??

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,274 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Seems to get good reviews.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

Yeah I saw the reviews.

But is it in the same area!! I mean, jungle and Khao Sok national park???

Thank you!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,274 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

This resort is siuated on the other side of Highway 401 and according to the map on its website here http://www.thecliffandriver.com/location.html it is about 11km from the road leading down to the entrance to the National Park where most of the accommodation is located. Why not try contacting Mathilde as I suggested in my reply #1? She will advise and assist with accommodation.

madrid
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

I just saw this.

I prefer this resort over the Our Jungle House,because if reviews here. but my concern is that if I will get the same experience of being in the jungle-forest in this place as in Our Jungle House resort.

Can you confirm this?

Thank youb

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,274 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Khao Sok.

The Cliff & Jungle House Resort is a resort with more facilities for you to enjoy while at the resort, such as a swimming pool and spa, whereas most other resorts are just places to stay overnight and go out for the day on tours, although it does arrange tours also. This will be reflected in the price, of course. It depends what you want to do with your time there.