We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Which Khao Sok National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
381 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Good Day. I searched the forums for both Khao Sok and Surat Thani and found some useful but possibly outdated information from 2007 and 2009.

Would someone be able to just confirm for me...

My Wife and I are arriving on the morning train from Bangkok to Surat Thani and want to take the regular 1st class bus from there to Khao Sok. We are staying at Morning Mist resort. In posts a long time ago it was said it was only about 160 baht per person for that trip and there would be a bus outside the train terminal we'd just need to get people to point us to, is that still accurate?

Any recent experience would be greatly appreciated for our planning. We'll be there in less than a month! Thank You.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Have a look here http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Phuket for details of the train + bus trip Bangkok to Phuket. The Phuket bus goes past Khao Sok and you get off at the bus stop at the KM109 marker at the top of the road leading down from the highway to the National Park entrance. The Morning Mist is on your right just before the bridge over the river. See map at …walagata.com/w/arandora/Khao_Sok_Map0001.pdf

The bus portion is quoted as 220 baht for tickets to Phuket bought at the railway station so 160 baht still sounds about right.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Thank you, I've read up on the seat61 page.

I think we'll be in good shape now.

Is finding the bus when you arrive at the train station in Surat Thani pretty easy? Thanks again.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Yes and there will be mini buses there as well.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

I believe we want the regular, government bus... is there a big difference between the mini bus and the government bus?

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Lanny

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

The public bus is a big double decker bus, the VIP one having DVD player and air-con on board. Mini-buses, just probably 8 seaters, are more expensive but deliver you non-stop direct to the resort. When you get off the public bus you will have to walk down the road to the Morning Mist, about 1000 metres.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Any guess on what a minibus would cost from Surat Thani to Khao Sok?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

See Reply #5 in this link from the FAQ on the right tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-k3…

I've no later info than that.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

Thanks again for all your responses. We're really looking forward to our trip!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,691 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

I'm sure you will enjoy this wonderful part of Thailand.

10. Re: Bus from Surat Thani to Khao Sok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:42
Get answers to your questions about Khao Sok National Park