We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

Hello,

I'm staying in Phuket (Karon) for a week and fancy a couple of days at Khao Sok national park. My plan is to take the bus up from Phuket and then travel back again by bus to Kata for another week at a different hotel. As I'm checking out I'll need to take all of my luggage with me on the bus. I'll have a large suitcase and a second smaller suitcase. Can anyone advise whether the cases can be brought onto the bus, or is this not practical? If not, is there a secure place I could store the large suitcase at the bus terminal in Phuket?

Finally, how long would the bus journey take? I could take a taxi but it works out quite expensive both ways. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

Hi, I'm just planning my trip for Nov 2012

Q1 - Don't know, but in UK my sister had suitcase robbed from hold of coach. The usual rule is watch it being loaded and sit adjacent (above) that hold, so you can watch it at each and every stop if it's unloaded.

Q2

I lifted this off a website, don't know if it's still 'current though':

Phuket - Khao Sok 7.30am 5-6 hours Departures 7.30am, 8.20am, 11.00am, 12.20 and 13.30 180b tel 076 211977

If you enquire at 'new' hotel, they may let you leave naggage there - especially as it will be more business for them upon your return, but I wouldn't leave valuables.

After visit to khao sok, I'd be interested to hear how full occupancy is, as guide book says pre-book, but I prefer to book on arrival. Guide book also says this is (Oct) is still wet season, when paths are very muddy/slippy, so you may want to ask questions about jungle treka before you go.

Say hi to the monkeys for me.

Dave.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

Cheers Dave. I think I'll probably take taxis now. Got the price down to 2700 each way which is still expensive but Bus seems like too much hassle.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,715 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

As previously relied to your Phuket post.

The public buses will definitely carry the luggage. It is stored underneath. The problem is the hassle of carrying them to and from the bus in Phuket and Khao Sok where the bus stops at the end of the road leading down to where most of the accommodation is located. So it depends where you are thinking of staying. See map at …walagata.com/w/arandora/Khao_Sok_Map0001.pdf

There is left luggage storage at Phuket Bus Station, cost I think is 30 baht per day. See http://www.phuket.com/info/bus-schedule.htm

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

check with Cheaper then hotel taxi service , I got a quote from phuket airport to Khao Sok for 2000tb, the resorts in Khao sok were ofering the same ride for tb 2500 and more

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

Thanks both, those links are very helpful and the taxi is cheaper. Swaying towards taxi now...

6. Re: Bus to Khao Sok and Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Khao Sok National Park