We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

Bucharest
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

Hi, I am trying to find the best solution of getting from Ko Tao to Khao Sok National Park.

The first part of the trip seems to be OK - getting to Chumphon by Lomprayah ferry and arriving at 11:45 at the pier. After that I have't found any explicit reference to any bus from Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park or any bus schedule.

Most of the sites recommend to get to Khao Sok from Surat Thani, but from Ko Tao I should reach Surat Thani only at 16:30 which is quite late to catch a public bus to Khao Sok.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,703 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

I think you may be out of luck at that time and will have to wait until the next day. I think buses from Surat Thani to Khao Sok continue until the early evening so it might be worth considering heading to Surat instead.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,772 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

Last public bus from ST that goes past Khao Sok is 16:30. Last mini bus is 17:30. See Reply no 5 at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-k3…

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

Hi

If you read this thread from the other DE for Koh Tao, there's a new 6 am ferry which connects with a bus transfer to Khao Sok to arrive at 11.30 am. The new service is not yet online to book, but there's an office on Koh Tao you can book at.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k5…

4. Re: Getting from Ko Tao via Chumphon to Khao Sok National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:15