We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Sok National park

Which Khao Sok National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Khao Sok National park

Hi there,

Looking for advice regarding Khoa Sok national park. We're traveling to Thailand early Jan and we're thinking of planning a few days here between Islands to break things up a bit. Firstly is it easy to travel from Surat Thani to the park, and then on to Phuket/Krabi? And any advice on where to stay in the park and what activities are available would be great! We have 19 days to fill & so far have planned a couple of days in bangkok, 5 in Samui, 5 in Koh Phangan, and have another 7 to fill, so thought maybe a few days in the park, then Krabi or Phuket after, so we can fly back to Bangkok from there. Thanks in advance.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,687 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Sok National park

See this link for general information and my latest reply at #54 tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-…

Could I suggest Khao Lak as an alternative to Krabi and Phuket. It is only one hour from the main accommodation location in Khao Sok to Khao Lak and then just over an ur to Phuket Airport.

Plenty of info on Khao Lak at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K…

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Sok National park

Great!. We are going to look at Khao Lak. Thanks for the tip.

Baulkham Hills...
Level Contributor
6 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Sok National park

depending on your age group there are many choices in khao sok. I am a little older and prefer baan khao sok resort. we are going (again) next week. we take the public bus from phuket, stay at baan khao sok and are doing a jungle tour (our own guide) on the lake for 4 days. then a mini bus (public) to surit thani.

good luck

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,687 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Sok National park

We too stayed in the Baan Khao Sok in a tree house. Lovely resort run by lovely people. :-)

5. Re: Khao Sok National park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Khao Sok National Park