We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with an infant

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
256 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with an infant

Is it worth visiting Khao Sok with an infant along ??? things that can be enjoyed there while having a baby aboard !!! And are there insects threatening issues for crawling infant ???

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,705 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with an infant

Personally I wouldn;t do it. You may get replies from those who have. Khao Sok is a vast area of rain forest so is susceptible to insects and high humidity.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with an infant

As you're going during October I'd say give it a miss and you won't be able to enjoy a lot of what's on offer anyway with an infant in tow.

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with an infant

Is it really that bad with a baby in tow? We're travelling there in April with a 6yr old, 4 yr old, and my 8 month old. I figured I'd just carry the baby in a sling with us. Do you think its a bad idea? Why? Just wondering if I should change our itinerary.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,948 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with an infant

Personally I wouldn't take children that young to Khao Sok, probably 6 onwards is ok. This particular OP is going during October (I gleaned this info from another of his posts), during which time it can be just very, very wet so really not worth the effort. Check out what there is to do at Khao Sok, most of it is quite adventurous and not suitable for young children. If you just want to hang out and go for short walks then it would be ok, but the kids would probably be happier at a beach somewhere and April will be super hot too.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,705 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with an infant

+1 Cassnu

April is very hot and even more humid as it is the last month of the Dry Season, albeit Khao Sok gets its fair share of rain then and thunderstorms with heavy downpours usually in the afternoon are common. There are only two treks in the main area that you can do without a guide but both IMO would be arduous with 2 kiddies and carrying another in a sling, especially if it gets wet underfoot. A view of a day on the Lake has just been posted at #16 in this thread tripadvisor.co.uk/…55426860

6. Re: Travelling with an infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18