We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours and Accommodation

Which Khao Sok National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Tours and Accommodation

Hello,

I'm starting to get really overwhelmed by all of the different websites offering tours and accommodation for Khao Sok National Park, so i'm hoping someone here can help!

My friend and I are planning on being there for check in on the 18th of August, travelling from Surat Thani Train Station, and then check out on the 20th, heading over to the islands (we've not decide which one yet). I've been trying to figure out how to organise and how to book everything we want to do. Please help :(

We want to:

1. Spend a night in a tree house of some sort, and a couple of nights in a lake house

2. Go on a few tours where we can relax in some waterfalls, explore some caves, and see lots of animals

3. Spend as little money as possible in the process

Also, if anyone has any advise on how to get to various locations once entering the park that'd be super helpful. I've got really confused :(

Thanks so much!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,344 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours and Accommodation

There are two distinct areas to the vast Khao Sok National Park. Tree house accommodation is mainly in resorts located near the entrance to the National Park HQ in Khao Sok Village. This is down from the highway and is about 1 3/4 hours from Surat Thani station. See map (if you haven't already) at walagata.com/w/…Khao_Sok_Village_Map.jpg Popular activities here are trekking through the NP either self-guided on the two trails (maps provided at the Visitor Centre) or for the more adventurous with a local guide into more remote areas (not to be attempted for safety reasons without a guide); tubing or canoe ride on the Sok River; nearby elephant trek.

The more spectacular and awesome Cheow Lan Lake is nearer to ST but not a lot shorter in time due to access about 30 minutes from the highway to the pier for transfers to raft houses or tours on the Lake. Again to get to any of the Lake's features, including caves, you need a guide arranged through your accommodation. You will most animals in the sanctuary to the very north of the Lake.

You can spend as little or as much as you want but the less you pay the more rudimentary your accommodation will be. Tree houses, for instance, don't come particularly cheap in comparison to other accommodation and the cheapest raft houses leave lots to be desired. Saving money by trying to do tours and treks yourself may come at the expense of personal safety.

Have a look at this previous topic on How to explore Khao Sok independently tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1657011-i16537-…

Some info on raft houses at www.khaosok-tourism.com/khaosok-rafthouse.htm and more under Accommodations in the National Park website dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp/style1/default.asp…

Hope this helps.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours and Accommodation

This is really really helpful! Thank you so much :)

3. Re: Tours and Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17