We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of days in Khao Sok

Which Khao Sok National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Couple of days in Khao Sok

Can I please receive some info/advice on travelling from krabi to phuket with a few days in khao Sok? We would like to see chieow Laan lake & emerald falls & have 3 children 4-15. If we could pls get some suggestions on what to do that would be great as we haven't been before.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,352 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of days in Khao Sok

Hi Jodi,

Khao Sok is a vast area with two distinct parts. Most accommodation is near the Park HQ in what is known as Khao Sok Village with typical tours there including canoe ride on the river, tubing on the river, trekking in the Park (some you can do yourself, others you need a guide) and is about 2 1/2 hours from main resort areas on Phuket. Cheow Lan Lake is about an hour further along the highway from there to the Pier for tours on the Lake but you can go directly there missing out Khao Sok village in about the same time.

A few questions that will make any answers more meaningful.

1) When are you thinking of going to Khao Sok? Important as some treks and tours are affected by the heavy rainfall in the Wet Season (April to October).

2) Do you intend to go to Khao Sok from your hotel in Phuket and return to there?

3) Do you wan to do a tour or go under your own steam i.e. seperate arrangements for transfer and tours?

4) How many days is a "few days"?

5) What kind of accommodation would you like and where? The Emerald Falls (Ton Kloi Waterfall) are reached from near the Park HQ where many people (including us) enjoy staying in a Tree House (take care with young children in one, don't leave them on their own). Also many people (not us, Mrs A is not convinced) stay in a floating raft house on the Lake (again take care with kiddies as the water is deep!)

Have a look at this website which is probably the best source of information on Khao Sok. http://www.khaolak.net/np/khao-sok.html

Edited: 07 June 2014, 15:31
Brisbane, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple of days in Khao Sok

Hello Arandora,

Firstly thank you for your reply, apologies have only just realised I did not reply earlier. I thought I did.

Our trip to Thailand is now only 10 weeks away and I am feeling a little confused as what to do. We have had a slight change of plans leaving us with 4 nts 5 days to play with early April and the demographics have confused me.

We have planned organising a driver from Phuket airport to Phang Nga staying Thaweesuk for 2 nts. I have until 25th to cancel or rescheduled if necessary. Have emailed owner but sadly no response as apparently he does great tours himself and Im worried if we leave till arrival he may be too busy to organise one with him.

Basically we have 4 nights/5 days to fill early April in or around Phang Nga. Is there much to do around there? We are meeting friends In Khao Sok to do your recommended lake house/tree house tour - with smiley bungalow tours. Staying 3 nts with an assortment of activities planned. After Khao Sok we are driving across to Khao Lak and doing a similan island day tour then onto Phuket for 6 nights to Bang Tao Beach before flying home.

Please advise on what would you suggest to do for 5 days inbetween Phuket airport and Khao Sok national park. We can get our own car if necessary.

Thanks again

Jodi

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,352 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple of days in Khao Sok

Personally I would add the 5 days to Khao Lak which is en route to Khao Sok. You can do a day tour of Phang Nga Bay and visit nearby temples especially if you hire a car. Here are some self-drive trips in and around Khao Lak tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c167750/Kha…

4. Re: Couple of days in Khao Sok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2016, 05:16