We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

We were a group of 15 family members travelling to the Port for a family Cruise, from Sydney Airport. I searched different Shuttle companies, and decided on Jayride Airport Transfer Service. At least 3 emails to make sure everything would be ok. Prepaid over $200, and I thought all would be fine.

NOT SO!!! I had confirmation mail that a bus would be sent for our 15 passengers.

"Welcome back, and thanks for giving us at chance to help with your transfer!

Since you will be traveling in a group of 15, the shuttle will be considered as Charter service and is no longer a shared shuttle service. This means that the shuttle will go directly to your destination and won't stop along the way."

That was our last email from the company.

After waiting for over an hour, our transport never arrived, so we sent our children ahead in a 13 seater bus. My husband and I waited another half hour and were put on another shuttle that stopped at hotels, filled up petrol, waited till the driver bought his pie and ate it while we did the scenic tour of Sydney. By then we missed our check in time on the ship, and were dropped at the Quay instead of at the ship as organised. A total disaster!! Do not book Jayride for your shuttle service!

Dingo Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Helicopter Transport & Training
Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Helicopter Tours
85 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Absolutely shocking.

I wouldn't have had the courtesy of waiting that long, there's zero reasons why such companies should exist.

It's a shame you didn't come here to ask questions about shuttle buses in Sydney in general. This feedback will be collectively added to the long history of shuttles wrecking visitor experience.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

It is a shame I didn't check with Tripadvisor first. I usually do.

Thanks for your post.

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Hi Naomi

Sounds like you're owed a 100% refund.

My name is Rod Bishop from Jayride and I wonder if I can help.

If I understand right: You booked with an airport shuttle company via our website and they didn’t pick you up?

If that’s the case, then I'm sad to hear you got left in the lurch! If you haven’t yet. Please contact us at support@jayride.com with your booking ID so we can investigate getting your refund from your transport supplier.

In general if your transport supplier doesn’t pick you up then getting you a refund should be no problem.

Do you know which airport transfer company you actually booked with?

To clear up some confusion: Jayride is a travel agent for airport transfers. With Jayride you can book directly with 250+ airport transfer companies across 6 countries (Australia, NZ, UK & Ireland, etc) -

The name of the transport company you booked will be at the top of your booking confirmation.

Overall the reason why Jayride exists is because we want to make it easier for you to find better low-cost airport transfers, and help better connect you with your transport supplier - which will hopefully mean more reliable better transfers all around.

So Naomi - I’ll look out for your reply, and also your email to support@jayride.com - I'm here to help and lets see if we can get this one cleared up for you.

Cheers!

Rod

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Hats off to you Rod, for coming here to respond to an issue. I can honestly say, that's probably one of the first - if not the only - proactive response we've read here in regards to shuttles.

Bravo

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6,747 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Yes, indeed - well done Rod, if you can sort these problems out.

You probably know of the well deserved appalling reputation Shuttles have in Sydney. If you can so anything to improve their service, it would be a great service to our Tourist reputation.

I think cost is a secondary, albeit important consideration. It's no use being cheap if the operators continue to supply very sub standard service.

It's hardly a good look when a visitor's first experience is to be left, rudely spoken to or any of the myriad complaints we see here & on other Travel Forums.

So thanks & hopefully the OPs will come back to report a satisfactory outcome.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Hi KVE1005, I also received a phone call from Jayride support, which I have answered. It is nice to see a positive response to a problem.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,333 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Hi Naomi,

That's fantastic to hear, and it certainly appears they've kept to their word of assisting you.

Whilst it may not change the 'landscape' of shuttle services in Sydney - as mentioned by Bokhara, it will go a long way for Jayride to distance themselves from the others.

Kudos to Rod again.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

this thread again demonstrates the value of these TA forums, hats off to Rod/Jayride - hope all issues resolved successfully.........................................

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Hi everyone

Well, we're here to help. I promise if you book through a Jayride website we'll do what we can.

Bohkara, in general, airport shuttle companies get it right about 95% of the time. The challenge is that some the airport shuttle companies that sell through Jayride run 300 buses per day. That means that in 5% of times when things go wrong is equal to 15 busloads of annoyed customers - every day. And that's just for one shuttle company - At Jayride you can book with 250+ transfer companies around the world. You can see how these numbers get really big, really quickly.

I agree with your point about not always the cheapest option being the best. I actually often recommend black car services because they are not too much more expensive, they are very very reliable (and luxurious as well).

In the future the Jayride website could feature ratings and reviews of different transfer services if passengers would like to see this. And in the meantime, we'll try and see what else we can do.

Actually, if you had feedback about the #1 problem we should be helping to solve in terms of shuttles I'd like to hear it.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,838 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service

Rob

The number one problem is they often fail to turn up if you book a return package

The number 2 is that you can wait for ages at the airport until the bus is full

The number 3 (my experience for me) was the driver standing at the bus door smoking while he waited for pax!

Reply to: Jayride Airport Transfer Service............ no service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greater Sydney