We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice where to exchange currency

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Need advice where to exchange currency

Hi!

We will arrive by air to Manila and then transfer to flight to Bohol without leaving the airport. Could anyboby advise where the best rate can be found to exchange USD/EUR to Peso? It will be better rate found in Tagbilaran or Alona, or it is better to change in Manila airport?

I know rates usually are lower at airports but sometimes can be exceptions.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advice where to exchange currency

I am not sure which changer will give a better rate.

Maybe you want to change some at the airport and some at Alona/Tagbilaran when you run out of cash.

There is an ATM near to Alona beach but do not count on it to have cash or it is working.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
76 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advice where to exchange currency

Hi,

Exchanged 1USD=45,00PHP at Manila airport arrival hall today, will see what we can get in Panglao.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
102 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advice where to exchange currency

I usually do it at the airport in Manila when I arrive. Their rates there are the same or better usually than anywhere else. And, I prefer the safety and privacy in the airport rather than changing on the street. Usually there are 2 or 3 exchangers (banks) open at the airport so you can shop the rate a little. Check before you leave to see what the actual rate is. I have found they are usually acceptable at the airport in Manila.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,618 posts
1,571 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advice where to exchange currency

I would expect better rates in Tagbilaran City. Change money when you arrive there.

Tommo

5. Re: Need advice where to exchange currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 10:16