We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion needed!!!!!

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion needed!!!!!

After a long search finally, I finalized my Day trip to Bohol from cebu.

In morning, Take a return ferry ticket(Aircon) of Cebu -Tagbilaran from cebu terminal. After reaching I am planning to hire a car (8hrs. max) incl. driver and fuel. Because, I prefer to travel alone rather than group. I like to visit Chocolate Hills, Loboc River cruise – No Lunch, Sevilla Hanging Bridge, Tarsier Encounter, Man made forest-Billar, Hingdanan cave and Danao Beach or Panglao Bay to visit if possible. and come back to cebu city in evening.

I am not interested in LOboc river cruise lunch, bee farm, historical places and also many tour organizers skip Hingdanan cave.

So, Is it right travel attractions in bohol? Any suggestion for Day tour car with driver and cost. Anything regarding travel trip? Also suggest me for cebu city hotel to terminal transportation?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

I don't think a 8 hour trip can cover all these places.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

Yes, you will run out of time.

Make the tarsier sanctuary near Corella town a priority.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

My 2 suggested drivers are Tripadvisor recommended drivers. Albert Odtohan and Boyet Bensi. You can get their details here

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g294245-c188959/Ph…

Some one posted recently that they used Boyet Bensi and he charged about P2000 for a car. That includes fuel and most definitely will give you an 8 hour tour.

I have done 7 day tours of Bohol. I have done the same tour as yours, except for a cruise on the Loboc river, in less than 8 hours. I don't mean I went out on any boat on Panglao Bay. Just go to the beach and look around.

I think they will charge you to eat on the lunch cruise whether you eat or not. Also, you will be driving along the Loboc River and will see it close at hand from the bamboo bridges. So, you don't necessarily have to go cruising on it.

I never thought I would be interested in butterflies and the first time I went there, I stayed in the van while others went inside. Once I went inside, I was quite taken with the place, now it is my lunch stop on the tour. It is also on the way to the Chocolate Hills.

boholconservation.com/simplybutterflies/

Vadodara, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

Thanks all for suggestions. If i run out of time, i can skip Loboc river cruise. May be it works!!!!

Is any restaurants near Danoa beach or panglao bay which are close to sea, with nice sit out in terms of views?

And i already sent email to benny but, still he didnt reply.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

Bohol Travel Buddy is also recommended so another option to consider,

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

@ Nayan

I agree with VL - Keep the tarsier sanctuary at Corella your top priority - it is one of a kind.

Most taxis have a printed schedule for these are fixed costs - I had done this twice - once on a trike (flagged down and hired ad hoc - no issues there) and once with a pre booked taxi (again, this too was simple). They usually do not cheat / over charge ... so costs are really not an issue here.

1) Remind the driver that you want to see the "Tarsier sanctuary at Corella" (not tarsier encounter) - else you will and up at some zoo that poses as a sanctuary!

2) Chocolate Hills - Loboc River cruise - Tarsier Encounter - Man made forest-Billar can be seen in a day. It takes nearly 45 minutes from Tagbilaran jetty to Alona beach so I am not sure if you would be able to see that too. You may have to sacrifice one place to see the other.

3) You can arrange your taxi at Tagbilaran port itself at the taxi counter, negotiating a day hire rate with the driver.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 12:18
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

Is any restaurants near Danoa beach or panglao bay which are close to sea, with nice sit out in terms of views?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know about Danao Beach but there are a multitude of choices if you go to Alona Beach instead.

Batangas City...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

I suggest taking lunch at Loboc proper. I forgot the restaurant name but drivers know this. You may ask the driver upon negotiation. I had taken some Italian and Filipino visitors in there. All enjoyed the food and tried several more. Enjoy your meal...

9. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 13:32
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,220 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggestion needed!!!!!

Boyet you are now spamming the forum after being warned about self promoting.

Tommo

Get answers to your questions about Bohol Province