We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

Hi everyone,

It seems from my reading on Crete that CHANIA is a beautiful place to visit in Crete but the problem im facing is that most of the flights land in Iraklion where we have to take a 3 hr bus to Chania.

Can i check if there is a flight direct from Santorini to Chania without going through Athens?

If not, is there a ferry direct from Santorini to Chania and how long does it take?

Also, in Chania, can someone recommend me any accomodation around the range of 120euros and less per room per night?

Many thanks

Audrey

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

There is a small airline called Sky Express that does some inter island flights but they only fly to Heraklion. All other flights from one island to another require you to backtrack to Athens.

The ferries indeed go to Heraklion.

Brotherlee posted a month or so ago about a new ferry company that services Chania and the Cyclades Islands but I failed to note their name. I can't find anything on the web now. You may just want to wait until you get to Santorini and check with a couple of travel agents to see if this new line is actually running.

Even if you have to take the bus here is why the trip to Chania is worth it

travel.webshots.com/album/571195659jPcKjK

Edited: 30 April 2011, 16:01
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

Hi,

Thanks for the link to the pictures, town of Chania really does give u a taste of real Greece which is nice!

1) If I have 5 days 4 nights to spare in Crete, and if i land in Heraklion airport, or ferry, how would you recommend for me to spend by time?

Should I head straight to Chania and spend most of my time there? And are there beautiful beaches around Chania with nice clear blue waters and white sandy beaches? Also, is Rethymon worth doing a day trip from Chania?

2) Can you recommend me some accomodation between the range of 80 euros to 120 euros with nice sea views if possible?

Many thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

Hey and welcome Audrey:-) Take a look at www.skyexpress.gr/ as already suggested..there are indeed various inter-isle flights serviced seasonally! Happy planning..and EnjOY!

4. Re: Direct flight from Santorini/Mykonos to Chania?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 02:15