We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets near Atlantica Kalliston Hotel

Great Yeldham...
Level Contributor
566 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets near Atlantica Kalliston Hotel

Are there any super markets large or small near Atlantica Lalliston in Nea Kydonia please? Ideally walking distance

Edited: 23 June 2013, 11:25
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets near Atlantica Kalliston Hotel

"walking distance" is dependent on the walker and what you intend to carry. We are both retired and far from fighting fit, so if I base my reply on what we feel capable of it should be o.k. for most people.

If you walk towards Chania when you leave the Kalliston, in about 500yards you will come to some largish "supermarkets" which stock a fairly wide range stuff and which open quite late in the evening. If you carry on in that direction another 375 yards you come to the Big INKA supermarket (a proper big supermarket similar to a Tesco or Asda etc), turning down left within 30 or so yards is a Lidl supermarket. These are large, cheap, but only open during day times and not on Sundays. There are more large Supermarkets nearer to Chania (about 1000 yards), but I'm assuming that's past your intended range.

The blue town buses will take you back to the Kalliston for €1.10 if you have a ticket (€1.50 if you pay on the bus). Bues to the Kalliston (No.21) will be coming UP from Agii Apostoli to turn right towards Kalamaki.

There are of course lots of little "supermarkets" all around the area. I'm sure you'll be able to find most of what you want, and I'm sure the staff at the Kalliston can give you lot of advice.

Have a good time

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets near Atlantica Kalliston Hotel

i beliave that INKA (a local brand of SM, but especially that one in Agioi Apostoloi area is quite large) and LIDL would cover your needs. They stay open till 21:00 pm, except Saturdays that i think they close at 20:00 pm, or at the worst at 19:00pm.

3. Re: Supermarkets near Atlantica Kalliston Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:17