We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

I have been looking where to stay in Crete and decided on Chania Town.

However there are no beach resort hotels really in the town itself so I have seen Agia Marina is probably the best bet.

How much would a taxi cost to town and do buses normally run til late in July?

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Agia Marina
Agia Marina
Crete, Greece
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

Taxi is probably about €20. Kostas will give you an exact figure if he sees this.

In high season last year, buses ran hourly all night on Friday and Saturday nights, I think the last one on other nights was 2300 or midnight.

Personally I like A.M., but there are closer places to town if that's your main destination; Agii Apostolii is often recommended on here. It's quieter, less choice of things to do, but only about 4 miles from town

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

Hello...

Taxi fares: chania city - agia marina / 13-14 euros

chania airport to agia marina: 35 to 37 euros.

Taximeter use is obligatory but those are the range of prices to expect, based on the distance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19,624 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

Another possibility for you to consider is Chryssi Akti, a very nice sandy beach, and the closest to Chania (2.5km) of the string of resorts west of the city. It's deeper than most of the other beaches along that coast, so it doesn't get as crowded, and isn't as close to the road as some.

cretamap.com/place/chrissi-akti-beach-chania/

Edited: 29 January 2014, 22:45
Mentioned in this post
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
996 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

Next to Chryssi Akti is also Agii Apostoli, another nice area and beaches!

Mentioned in this post
Agii Apostoli
Agii Apostoli
Crete, Greece
5. Re: Agia Marina, Chania Prefecture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:29