We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of april with a baby-where to stay?

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
End of april with a baby-where to stay?

We are a couple with a 7 months old baby boy and will be travelling to Crete for one week at the end of April. We'll land in Chania so we are looking for a resort/self catering/apartment in the sorroundings. I need a place where I can cook some meals for the little one, possibly on the beach and with possibility of nice walks around (some restaurants, shops etc). I also definitely want to see Chania old town. Thank you in advance for your precious tips!

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: End of april with a baby-where to stay?

Hi there

As far concerning the possible areas where you can stay to be on or very near a beach and relatively close to the city of Chania, then i suggest to check either the Nea Chora Beach area (on the beach and by the Old Town of Chania) or going west of Chania at a distance of about 5 to 10 kms, somewhere in the areas of Daratsos (Chryssi akti and Agioi Apostoloi), Kalamaki, Stalos, Agia Marina or Platanias.

I suggest these areas, cause the connection to Chania city either by bus or a taxi is easy, regular and relatively affordable (when it comes to taxis), if you won't plan to have a rental car.

Google a bit about apartments or studios on those areas to check out some possible accomodation, depending on your own budget.

Agii Apostoli...
Level Contributor
764 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of april with a baby-where to stay?

As mentioned, I would advise Agii Apostoli or Chrisi Akti areas, 4km west of Chania old town, safe for swimming with lots of green areas and facilities nearby. They are also nearer to Chania than other areas.

3. Re: End of april with a baby-where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15