We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boulders beach tours

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Boulders beach tours

Hi I want to book a your to boulders beach and cape of hope. But there are so many and it's confusing! Any suggestions to tour company's and type of price?

Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boulders beach tours

Why not hire a car and drive there.?.

Easy, more flexible, spend the time YOU want to, at each site, rather than the time someone else allocates.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boulders beach tours

It's my first time there. So not sure I will manage. Also don't need a car while here. Unless I rent just for the day.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boulders beach tours

Try this person http://thefynbosguy.com/

he does private tours there and the itinerary is pretty much up to you

United States
Level Contributor
149 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boulders beach tours

I booked a full day Cape Point tour with Hylton Ross: hyltonross.co.za/product/cape-point-full-day/

I'm not traveling until next month so I can't give you a personal recommendation. But they have good TA reviews and the itinerary covers what I want to see, including the penguins at Boulders Beach.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boulders beach tours

You can decide on which type of tour that you would like to enjoy. You get scheduled day tours of where you will be joined with other guests on the day trip and also up to about between 10 & 14 people on the day trip. You are set on the itinerary and can not change the route or request to stay longer at one point.

Then you off course you have another option of where you can hire a private vehicle with guide of which it will cost a bit more but with that you have flexibility and you can make and break your own day from 8am until 6pm the afternoon. All entrance fees will then also be for your own account for the day.

Then you also get a complete detailed private day tour of where you have certain entrance fees included in the package for the day and again you will have control over your day. You can decide on where you would like to visit and also in terms in time you can spend much longer time and one place and skip others that you are not interested in for visiting for the day.

I hope that the info has help a bit with making a decision for the day.

All the best!

Hank Daries I Owner @ Ulungele Tours & Safaris I Cape Town & South Africa

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boulders beach tours

Thank you so much!!

In the end I will rent a car. My main place I would like to go is boulders beach. Anywhere else I should go to at the same time?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
205 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boulders beach tours

Unsure where you are staying or how long you are here.Since, on that day, you you are doing Boulders Beach and Cape Point, you can continue your drive after you leave Cape Point nature reserve. As you exit the reserve you turn left. You then do the beautiful coastal drive and past Scarborough,Kommetjie, take Chapman's Peak drive (stunning photo and video opportunities at the top). Check out Hout Bay and then Victoria Road past Camps Bay, Clifton and back to your hotel.

There are hundreds of other attractions in CT and since you have a car hope you can see some of them too.

Enjoy our beautiful city.

Edited: 17 November 2017, 04:00
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
205 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boulders beach tours

If you have a motorcycle licence you could consider renting a Harley for the day and doing as I suggested above. Makes driving in traffic and parking a lot easier as well as enjoying the freedom of biking in CT.

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boulders beach tours

I had reviewed several tour operators and finally decided to hire go for a private tour since the price was coming out to be the same for 4 of us. The itinerary of Cape Peninsula tour is more or less same regardless of which operator you choose. Typically - photo stop at one of the beaches around Camps bay, Hout Bay (for those who wish to take boat ride to the seal island, Cape of Good Hope/ Cape point via Chapman's Peak Drive, some operators include Simon's town and then Boulder's beach which is usually the last stop. It is good to reach Cape Point as early as possible to avoid large number of tourists so choose a tour that departs Capetown early. I had almost decided to take operator Cape Convoy's tour before I found a private tour priced same for 4 of us.

Edited: 17 November 2017, 10:35
10. Re: Boulders beach tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 November 2017, 10:35

Reply to: Boulders beach tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted