We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June - what would it be like??

England
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
June - what would it be like??

Hello,

I am trying to plan my honeymoon, it will be for the end of May beginning of June (next year). I know that it will be winter in South Africa but was wondering how bad the weather would be in Cape Town? I am not too worried about it being hot, just wanna be able to do everything, cage diving, table mountain etc. Also is there anywhere we could then fly to that would maybe be hot?? An island or something??

Thanks in advance

Mel

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: June - what would it be like??

It is VERY difficult to predict the weather in Cape Town but June can be cool and very wet. You could be lucky though as we can have lovely days at this time. June is a great time for shark viewing though and game viewing in the Kruger area. As for a hot place to fly to, i believe this is the best time to visit The Seychelles.

I hope this helps.

Mark September

Small World Tours

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June - what would it be like??

If you want to go somewhere hot, why not fly Emirates to Cape Town via Dubai with a few days stopover in one direction?

It will be hot in June - usually over 40 degrees!

To get from Cape Town to the Seychelles takes a long time and is very expensive. Actually the best route is via Dubai!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: June - what would it be like??

Go to the north eastern (Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu Natal) parts of the country. The weather should still be pretty good then.

4. Re: June - what would it be like??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2010, 07:15