We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

Hi- I will be visiting Cape Town for the first time end of September / beginning of October. I will be there for work and will have a hotel on the W&A Waterfront for one week, but am planning to extend my stay for personal vacation and need to find a cheaper alternative for a few nights. I'm looking for a safe area, where I can walk to hip restaurants, shops, bars, etc... Since I will already be staying on the Waterfront for a week, is there another part of the city I should stay in that fits the above?

Also- does anyone know if the CPT Airport have luggage storage options available for extended amounts of time (1-2 weeks).

Thank you!

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

Have a look at 17 on Loader - its in the safe de Waterkant area where you are surrounded by lots of hip restaurants, bars and shops. They offer single rooms at reasonable rates.

http://www.17loader.za.net/

As far as I know left luggage at the airport is charged on a daily basis (I assume for as long as you like) - I think R20 per day per bag regardless of the size.

Edited: 13 July 2010, 06:52
Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

You can also try Lezard Bleu in Oranjezicht - Chris the owner is one of the nicest and friendliest guys I have ever met ... or a couple of other options are Leeuwenvoet House or Table Mountain Lodge in Tamboerskloof.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

Why not try a B&B? There are plenty around & for a change of scenery try Camps Bay. Loads of bars, restaurants & fun people.

Look at:

portfoliocollection.com/search/…Camps-Bay

Our long time favourite is Entabeni.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

Thanks for the replies!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,663 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

And don't be timid about asking them to NOT charge a single supplement. You will be traveling in that period when rates go up - but demand isn't all that strong.

I would look here for B&B's - safarinow.com/destinations/cape-town/hub.aspx

6. Re: Hotel for Single 1st Time Visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2011, 06:18