We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike trail

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
herts uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
bike trail

crazy i know but I have been asked by a friend who regularly competes in the Etap if there is a route that can be cycled up Table Mountain .

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike trail

No not that I am aware of.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bike trail

sanparks.org/parks/…mountainbiking

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bike trail

Not up Table Mountain itself but similar to Etap is ...

http://www.cycletour.co.za/theEvent.aspx

Cape Town
Level Contributor
40 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bike trail

In theory there is but no cycling is allowed on Table Mountain so you would need to break the rules if you wanted to go. There is a jeep track that leads from Constantia Nek - about 25 minutes from the city - to the top of the Back Table of Table Mountain. It is part dirt track and some concrete nearer the top. I have only once seen anyone cycle on the top section but as I said it is prohibited by Table Mountain National Park.

You may mountain bike on the lower slopes of Devils Peak and above the city on the lower slopes of Table Mountain below the level of Tafelberg Road.

5. Re: bike trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 06:55