We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Area in Cape Town?

England
Level Contributor
555 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which Area in Cape Town?

Thanks all for your previous help, we've sorted out the safari

( Naledi ) and are now deciding where to stay at the Waterfront.

We are going to do all the tourist sites on public transport but want to be able to walk around safely at night and be near to bars & restaurants. Choice is between Waterfront Village apartment, hotel in the waterfront or guest house at either Green Point or Signal Hill. Any thoughts please?

Jim

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Area in Cape Town?

If you are on a budget the Breakwater Lodge is great, just across the road from the V+A Waterfront and a short cab ride home from Long Street.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Area in Cape Town?

Given what you say, you don't want to stay on Signal Hill!

England
Level Contributor
555 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Area in Cape Town?

Thanks,

I suppose I'd thought the bottom of Signal Hill might have been ok but I agree it's probably the least appealing. I've also looked at Breakwater Lodge and it appears fine and a definite possibilty. Canal Quays look good internally and I was also considering somewhere like 4 on Varneys guest house or similar nearby. They all look ok to walk to the waterfront for ferries, buses etc during the day but which would be best for safely walking to bars & restaurants? We do like live music so I'm sure we'll be visiting Long Street but for a few pints and a nice meal which would be easiest and safest in the evening?

Thanks,

Jim

4. Re: Which Area in Cape Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 05:34