We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family accomm on a budget

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
family accomm on a budget

I have read multiple reviews and spent hours surfing the web for accomodation in and around Camp Town, but I feel none-the-wiser. Most accommodation is either too expensive or does not allow children under 12. Can you help me? I am looking for accom for 4 at the end of May/early June, with a car, preferably self catering, preferably under ZAR 1800. Dont mind backpackers or basic, but definitely want safe and secure and reasonably well located.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: family accomm on a budget

That should not be a problem. Have a look at e.g. de Waterkant Cottages - the following accomodation (a whole house, in a safe area) is R1435 for 4 persons. The building work almost next door has more or less finished so should not be an inconvenience. See: dewaterkantcottages.com/accommodation-proper…

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: family accomm on a budget

Hi,

During the month of May/June you should easily be able to find a two-bedroom self-catering apartment in a safe area for under R1,800. You do not have to resort to backpackers basic.

With two children, I personally, would recommend an apartment at the Waterfront

where security is excellent.

Take a look at www.sa-venues.com then click on SELF-CATERING apartments and area (V & A Waterfront, Atlantic Seaboard etc.).

Also, 101 and 201 Altmore has reasonable rates that would fall within your budget. (You could Google 101 Altmore Rental).

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: family accomm on a budget

This is low season and you should easily be able to find something well within your budget.

A place too look at seriously would be Houtkapperspoort. Very child freindly. This is a collection of beutifully furnished cottages situated right under the back face of Table Mountain in acres of beautiful grounds with stunning Mountain and Sea views - great for the kids to get outside in complete safety. A range of hiking trails start right from the property. Part of a wine estate and within 5 mins drive of six more top estates. A few minutes drive to shops, restaurants and beaches and about 20 mins drive from the city centre. Easy to get to lots of other places such as Kirtsenbosch Gardens (5 mins), Chapmans Peak Drive (5 mins). Into the city or down the peninsula.

A lovely two bedroom/one bathroom cottage costs R700 per night - or if you stay 6 nights R525 pn. That's per cottage not per person! Two bedroom/two bathrooms from R770.

http://www.houtkapperspoort.co.za/index.php

Edited: 06 March 2011, 05:08
Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,258 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: family accomm on a budget

Thanks for that VdeC, just saved it to favourites for future reference!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
611 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: family accomm on a budget

If you are looking for self-catering apartments, try www.fzp.co.za

I use them when I go to Cape Town.

6. Re: family accomm on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 12:16