We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
307 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

1. What is the beat way to arrange to get from the airport to the Cape Heritage Hotel? The hotel has offered transportation for 3 people for 450 Rand.

2. We have one full day, 4 of us would like to go to the Cape of good hope and take in the highlights of Cape Town. Is there a guide you would recommend? What sights should we, could we, see in one day?

Thanks, Susan

South African Adventures
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Freedom of the Cape Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
DJ Tours & Safaris
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Cape Golf Guys
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

Hi Susan,

I usually use Pieter from PG Tops (www.pgtops.com) for my airport transfers and day trips around Cape Town. He often looks after my guests and I'd always heard compliments from them.

Another way to get from Cape Town from the airport is the MyCiti Airport shuttle bus (operating every 20 mins). It leaves right outside the airport terminal and drops you at the Civic Centre. The cost is R50.00 per person. Very good service and comfortable coaches.

From the Civic Centre, it's a short taxi ride to the hotel (about 5-10 mins maximum in traffic - maybe 2kms). You'll get amazing help at the bus station.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

John Farthing - http://www.kestrelservices.co.za is the person I depend on. His airport transfer would be less than that - and you can see his touring rate on his web site. Love your hotel - if 'Sam' is still the Manager, tell her 'hello', please from me.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,161 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

Hi sgl

I would not use the bus for 3 persons, too much hassle of finding a taxi and then moving the luggage around. A taxi should be in the region of R300.

For a private trip you can look at the following thread which has been quite comprehensively answered.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…23755774

Enjoy your trip.

Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
307 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

Thank you. I emailed John Farthing. I read another tripadvisor posting that recommended him for a tour to the Cape of Good Hope.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

R450.00 is much too much for a transfer from the airport to the hotel. You should be able to get it for just over half for all 3 of you. I wouldnt mission with the bus - its ok for 1 person but for 3 rather take another transfer company - there are suggestions on the forum if you search through or a taxi even. You can share the costs!

Exeter, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

I recently used PG Tops to transfer my group of six from Cape Town airport to V&A Waterfront accommodation. I can't praise them highly enough and we also ended up booking two day tours with them. They are a small private company - friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and totally reliable. Will definitely use again.

Edited: 23 April 2012, 16:26
Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
307 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

Last May we used John Farthing - http://www.kestrelservices.co.za - recommended above. He did our transfer back and forth to the airport and provided a tour for 4 of us to the Cape of Good Hope. He also took one of our friends who arrived a day earlier on a tour of the city and surrounding area. I highly recommend him. I should have posted this earlier. Sorry for the delay.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

So what did John charge for the airport transfer for the four of you or 3 of u?

Sgl
Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
307 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

According to my emails, for 3 of us the charge was 260R.

10. Re: Airport to Cape Heritage Hotel & tour guide for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:17