We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire / Taxi to Hermanus

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire / Taxi to Hermanus

Im going to Cape Town just after Christmas and planned to hire a car, however I can't find availability through the main international car hire companies.

Does anyone know a good local car hire company, or alternatively, whether it's possible to hire a taxi all the way to Hermanus? (we have accommodation booked in hermanus at the beginning of January).

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire / Taxi to Hermanus

As I said in response to your other post. If you just need a car to get to Hermanus and back on the 3/4/5 January then I don't understand your problem. www.arguscarhire.com currently seem to have plenty of availability for pick up either at Cape Town Airport or Downtown, on January 3rd for a three (or two) day hire.

All sorts of cars available from a Small Economy car such as a Chevy Spark for three days total of £38 to a Luxury level Mercedes, Honda Legend or BMW for £199.

Don't see what the problem is?

However seems to be few cars available currently before Jan 2nd - but then I haven't tried many of the other International brokers - whose job is to find you the best availability and price from all the companies possible. Normally, on small standard cars you save around 40 percent. Same car, same company (typically Hertz, Europcar, Budget or Thrifty), same contract, same airport pick-up desk - just a lot cheaper than booking direct!

Edited: 19 December 2011, 23:17
2. Re: Car Hire / Taxi to Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2012, 10:21