We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near the cathedral

UAE
Level Contributor
367 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near the cathedral

We are about to embark on our seventh holiday to Western Cape.

I want to attend a Sunday service at St George’s Cathedral. It starts at 9.30 am. Is there parking nearby?

The other half isn’t keen on attending the service. Is there anything to do for the hour or so I will be in the Cathedral? Will the aquarium or castle be open?

After the service we are going for the jazz brunch at the Mount Nelson. We have twice had afternoon tea and thought we'd try the brunch as a change.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near the cathedral

There is plenty of free parking in Wale Street and Great Victoria Street both adjacent to the Cathedral. Mandela Rhodes Place also offers (or certainly use to) free car parking on Sundays to those attending services.

I dont think the Castle is open on Sundays, but not sure. The Aquarium certainly will be open but might need more than an hour. If its a nice day, a walk around Company Gardens would be pleasant. You could even park the car at the Mount Nelson and walk through the gardens after church.

By the way the hotel, 15 on Orange, even closer to the Cathedral do one of the best brunches in Cape Town!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near the cathedral

Hi there

I have to agree, plenty of parking around the Cathedral on a Sunday. Not much to do around on a Sunday for an hour though. All the museums is closed on a Sunday and the best would be to take a walk through the Gardens.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

UAE
Level Contributor
367 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near the cathedral

Thanks for the suggestions.

The castle is open on Sundays but there aren't any guided tours. As you have both sugegsted, probably best to stay around the grardens if it's fine.

4. Re: Parking near the cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:17