We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

miami
Level Contributor
340 posts
Save Topic
Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Hy,we are a family with a chid 9 years old and want to visit next september,6 days,it has to be only one city as a base,wich one??please??Thanks a lot.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Cape Town, a world-class city with lots to do and keep you occupied.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Cape Town

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Cape Town. So much to see & do with the added bonus that the spring flowers will be in bloom. This is a very special time of the year & there won't be many other tourists around.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Definitely Cape Town because it is spring time and then you the cape can be full of flowers and there is so much to do for families. Johannesburg is just an ordinary city offering nothing spectacular.

In Cape Town you can visit the Aquarium (great for kids), visit Table Mountain, for to Robben Island, visit markets, visit the Kirstenbosch botanical garden, etc.

Have Fun!

Regards

Michaela from www.cape-town-guide.com

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Hi there

Definitely Cape Town, no 2ways about this.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

scotland
Level Contributor
258 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Cape Town - still a possibilty of heading down the coast a bit to Hermanus & seeing the whales - truly spectacular!

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

I agree Cape Town is the place to go. It is a fairly big city but absolutely beautiful. There are other wonder places to visit in South Africa but seen as you are only able to visit the one city I would think Cape Town is a great choice.

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

I agree Cape Town is the place to go. It is a fairly big city but absolutely beautiful. There are other wonder places to visit in South Africa but seen as you are only able to visit the one city I would think Cape Town is a great choice.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Johannesburg or Cape Town in September??

Definitely Cape Town, no debate needed.

Johannesburg is a large commercial center and from a tourist perspective more just a departure point for safari trips to the Kruger National park area.

When in Cape Town, you can still do a day trip (long drive though) to the Aquila Game Reserve to see some of the big 5.