We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Airport to Hotel

I want to go from Cape Town International Airport to Southern sun waterfront hotel located at Lower Buitengracht, Cape Town

Can anybody please guide me what will be approximate charges of taxi from Airport to Hotel ?

Or is there any other means of transport to reach above hotel ?

My flight is reaching during evening, so is it safe to travel by Taxi with family ?

Please advice.

Regards

Anoop

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Hi there

There are taxi's at the Airport that you can make use off. The fee that you should be paying should not be more than R300.00 for 2adults from the Airport to the City Center. I can also suggest that you book your transfer online with a transfer company, which will be waiting for you at arrivals with a welcome board. You can go to www.capetown-direct.com and request a quote from them too for a booked Private Airport Transfer.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Hi anoopcosmos

As Hank says I would book the transfer online.

You can either search for Airport taxis Cape town on Google or on Tripadvisor.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312659-i9466-k342…

Dubai
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Thanks for feedback,

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

We had our hotel (An African Villa) book someone to pick us up from CPT airport. From the airport to Tamboerskloof (very close to city center), it was R300. Totally worth it! They hold up a sign w/ your name at baggage claim. Easy, peasy! : )

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
54 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

Hi

There is a public transport option with the MyCiti bus airport transfer service, but if you're a family the costs involved won't be significantly cheaper than booking an airport pickup service. Also this option would involve you having to walk the final piece to the hotel.

For your own peace of mind, organise a pickup rather than relying on finding a taxi at the airport. Less hassle, less fuss.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,978 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

I would definitely prebook a transfer especially as you will be with family. Maybe the hotel has a shuttle service from the airport. Have you asked them.?

7. Re: Taxi from Airport to Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:42