We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe is it early morning

Mangalore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
How safe is it early morning

Hello All,

Our flight would be at 7 AM ish. So we would have to check in at say 4 AM.

We are a family of four.

How safe is it to travel at that part of the night between 3 am and 4 am.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How safe is it early morning

Hi Ashica,

Its about as safe as any other time of day. There will be fewer cars on the road naturally, but if there is an international flight then there will be all the travellers making their way tothe airport the same as you will be.

Cape Town airport is only about 20 min (max) from the City Centre.

I have frequently travelled the road to the airport at around 4.30 am, on my own for an ealry flight, without any problems at all.

Mangalore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How safe is it early morning

Hello madaboutwine,

Thank you for taking away from us, our worries.

We had actually heard bout instances where someone would just rob you off your valuables at knife point.

So we were just worried if that would happen to us.

Thanks again.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How safe is it early morning

Hi Ashica,

Its a pleasure. I think that the secret anywhere is not to look like an abvious tourist.

There are parts in countries all over the world whrer you wouldn't venture into in the day and especially not at night!

So as long as you are sensible you will have a wonderful time!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How safe is it early morning

Asschica - why dont you take a transfer to the airport at that time of the morning. It will cost you about R250-300 for the 4 of you. Also to get there at 4 you need only leave at 3.30 but it is pitch dark and not knowing the roads I would suggest booking a transfer

Mangalore
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How safe is it early morning

Hello Divacape,

I appreaciate your concern.

Yes, we would be travelling with the help of local transfers.

We were worried inspite of that if it would be unsafe to travel at that part of the night.

However things look better after I posted this thread in this forum.

:-)

Thanks.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How safe is it early morning

It shouldnt be a problem then

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How safe is it early morning

I agree with Divacape, much better to arrange for a transfer from the City Center to the Airport at that time of the morning. You will be more relaxed and no need to concern about not making it in time. In fact, the traffic will make their way into Town for the day.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

8. Re: How safe is it early morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2013, 10:17