We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay with children please.

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay with children please.

Hi,

My husband, 4 year old, 1 year old and I are coming to for our first ever holiday to Cape Town in November. We are looking to book an apartment/cottage for our stay but I'm a bit unsure where would be best. I've seen properties in Hout Bay, St James, Fish Hoek etc but I really don't know much about these locations. We are looking for somewhere safe, somewhere with easy access into Cape Town, lots of things to do locally and generally somewhere that will give us the amazing holiday experience we are so looking forward to. If anyone can suggest a location for us I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

Camps Bay is very cosmopolitan and very close to Cape Town. Plenty to do, good restaurants, busy, people-watching opportunities. Would be a very ood base.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

Camps Bay is very cosmopolitan and very close to Cape Town. Plenty to do, good restaurants, busy, people-watching opportunities. Would be an excellent base.

Edited: 15 September 2012, 22:25
newcastle uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

Thanks, I've seen a couple of properties in Camps Bay and heard some positive reviews so might base my search there.

Thanks again.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

Hi,

Hout Bay, St. James and Fish Hoek are too far away, so recommend the Atlantic Seaboard - Camps Bay, Sea Point, Mouille Point are close to the sea and are within easy reach of the Waterfront.

As you would need separate bedrooms for the children, recommend a spacious self-catering unit.

Have a look at www.sa-venues.co.za and http://www.fzp.co.za.

Rockwell All Suite Hotel also has two bedroom units and is within walking distance of the Waterfront.

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

If your budget runs to it, I highly recommend the apartments at the Waterfront itself. These are in a secure area with an easy walk to the Waterfront with its shops and restaurants. We've stayed in a couple of the apartments and will be doing so on our next visit too.

6. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 13:31
7. Re: Advice on where to stay with children please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:15