We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
79 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Question on Itineray and Hotel/Guesthouse Location

Thanks for all the great advise, after all the reading we have come up with a plan for our four days. Since we want to do both Table Mountain Abseiling and Shark Dive, we thought to put those up front in case of weather problems. The question is in how to combine sights together. And we are split between staying in Central Cape Town or Camps Bay.

Arrive 9pm on day 0

Day 1

Table mountain abseiling in the morning. Afternoon in central Cape Town.

Day 2

Shark Dive. Then either on the way or return - drive via Simon's Town, Boulder Beach, Chapman Peak, Hout Bay.

Day 3

Visit downtown - Greenmarket, Aquarium, V&A Waterfront, what we didn't do on day one.

Day 4

Stellenbosch

We would like to add in Cape of Good Hope - but not sure where in this plan. Does this look like too much? We don't want to run around crazy but also see as much as possible.

Question on where to stay: We are leaning towards Camps Bay instead of downtown since we will be heading out of town a lot. Or have also seen some interesting places in Constantia.

Also - last question, we have an early morning flight day 5; at 7am. I am thinking of staying overnight at the airport after we visit Stellenbosch. So three days in Camps Bay for example then one overnight at the airport. It seems like it is on the way back into town and will save us a 5am drive out of town the next morning.

Thanks for any comments.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on Itineray and Hotel/Guesthouse Location

Your plan is in good order but i would make some changes to it:

Day 01: Table Mountain and with abseiling - good

Day 02: Shark Cage Diving - good - but not the drive along the Simons Town and to finish back in Cape Town. That will be a very long drive seeing that you will be cage diving. I have seen people very tired after a cage diving trip, so i would not recommend doing that. Rather fit in a afternoon stroll in the Waterfront and maybe some shopping.

Day 03: For this day i would recommend the Cape Point Route and start quite early, i would say at 9am. Take the drive clock wise and start from the City, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Muizenberg, Kalkbay, Simons Town, the Penguins at Bolders Beach, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape of Good Hope, the Lighthouse, on return via Long Beach, Chapmans Peak Drive, Houtbay, Camps Bay and then back into the City.

Day 04: Wine Lands - good.

Seeing that you will be driving a lot, i would suggest that you get a place in the City Center and also maybe in the Waterfront. Village and Life does have fantastic self catering apartments available in the area, www.villageandlife.com for more details.

For your morning departure, it will be fine driving from the City to the Airport and that will only be a 20min drive, so you will be good. If you do not want to drive, then you can drop the rental the night before and arrange a transfer to the Airport so that you know, you will not need to worry with a car rental check inn so early in the morning. A 5:30 am from the Hotel to the Airport will be good, then you will be there by 05:50 ready for check in.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on Itineray and Hotel/Guesthouse Location

You could do your shark dive from Simon's Town. Camp's Bay is a 5 min drive to Table Mountain whereas Constantia is about 40 mins, it is a very nice area but seeing as most of your plans are to visit places close to the city Camp's Bay makes more sense.

3. Re: Question on Itineray and Hotel/Guesthouse Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 13:31
4. Re: Question on Itineray and Hotel/Guesthouse Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:15