We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Hello,

My fiance and I will be traveling to CT for our honeymoon in February. I would love to stay in an area with a great view of the water (ideally as close to the water as possible). Any recommendations on which hotels or B&Bs have the best views?

Thanks!

Steven

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,359 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Don't know your budget - but some rooms at the Cape Grace look right at Table Mountain, and look down on the yacht harbor. Incredible views from Abbey Manor Guest House, but it's up the way from the water. www.abbeymanor.co.za One of their Grande rooms actually has a balcony looking down on the city. I have used it for honeymooners.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Hi,

Bantry Place is a beautiful complex within a stone's throw of the water. Look at www.bantryplace.co.za.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

For a honeymoon there are 2 superb hotels in stunning locations to choose from:

The 12 Apostles Hotel: www.12apostleshotel.com/

Ellermann House in Bantry Bay: www.ellerman.co.za

Regards

Michelle from Cape Town Guide

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Like bwanadave said, it all depends on your budget... however, if you have enough money to spend, I would HIGHLY recommend Tintswalo Atlantic. They are situated on Chapman's Peak and are practically IN the ocean, with beautiful views and lovely food and wine... but again, like I said, all depends on your budget!

Happy searching!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,359 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

The Ambassador Hotel IS right above the breaking waves. Sort of out of the downtown area.. but views are right there for you.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Lagoon Beach Hotel in Milnerton has wonderful views of Table Mountain but you would need to have a car for transportation.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Thank you so much for the recommendations, everyone! I really appreciate it!

Steven

8. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 13:31
Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

Depending on your budget, for the lower end, we stayed at Ocean View Guest House in Bakoven. The location is very special. 5 min drive to Camps Bay, 10 min to Table Mountain cable car. 20 min to city bowl/ Waterfront.

10. Re: Lodging with a great view in/near CT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:18