We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Hello- After my 17 day safari o Botswana, Zimbabwai and Zambia, I am going to be spending 4 days in Cape Town. Can anyone give me the "must sees: in Cape Town and the surrounding area and also let me know if it is worth while to rent a car from the airport? I will be staying at the Hilton in the central part of Cape Town. Thanks for any help you can provide. Oh- I will be in Cape Town 1 - 5 December 2012.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
959 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Day 1 - Cape point with boulder's beach and Kirstenbosch Garden

Day 2 - Wine land tour

Day 3 - Hop and hof red bus tour with table mountain.

Day 4 - Robben Island with hop and hof blue tour.

Other option is taking 1 leisure day and spending on Beach and shopping.

We don't drive so took tour of cape point and wine land. Was worth it.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Any suggested tour companies? Also- has anyone done the driving in Cape Town and surrounding areas? How easy/hard is it to get around by onesself? I have driven in England so I am not unused to driving on the "other"side of the road. I will not have a navigator with me though... Thanks.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

It is easy to drive around yourself, no problem at all. You can also rent a GPS, so you have a navigator too!!

Edited: 03 November 2012, 17:54
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
959 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

I went with Rob of Cape Convoy tour for garden route and Garry of Cape Discovery day tours. Both were amazing. Had an amazing time..

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Thanks.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

If you an active person then perhaps hiking up Table Mountain, or a touring the city on a bicycle will be adventurous options.

You can visit the V&A Waterfront Information Centre to find out various options of group or private tours to Cape Point and Winelands.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

Just found out I have three and one half days... What should be left out. Wine tour or Robben Island or something else. I fly out 2 in the afternoon on the last day.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
959 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

You can leave red or bus route depending upon interest. You can check on their site what attractions their stop at. Or you can leave bus tour and take half day city tour by visiting attractions of your choice after table mountain.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

If weather is suitable (ie no cloud) it is definitely worth a trip up Table Mountain. Amazing views. I am with the others, wine lands for a day, Cape point / Cape of Good Hope another day then in CT, red hop on hop off bus. Definitely V&A waterfront. It is a beautiful city...enjoy !!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
174 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Day Trip to Cape Town

We are in Cape Town now. We spent one day driving to Boulders Beach, Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, Scarbrough Beach (quick stop), drive Chapman's Peak Drive which is AMAZING! We did not do Robben Island because of high Cape Winds and possibly getting sick on boat ride. If you drive to Table Mountain, take cable car up, picnic at top & you still have time to enjoy Garden. Table Mountain is spectacular. We spent two hours at the top. We just finished Winelands tour. Loved our tour guide Cedric Luhambo at LuhamboTours.com. The tour was arranged by our hotel but I see on TA that the company has great reviews. If you have time, make a quick trip to stroll down Camps Bay Beach. Just gorgeous! Good luck & Cape Town is wonderful!