We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

Hi,

I will be travelling for the first time on my own. Looking for a good travel company for a tour to South Africa, want to go to game reserve, garden route, cape town but want to consider all tours really. Right now Im just looking for a reputable company, small group size that is good value for money? And has anyone got any experiences of doing this?

thanks in advance!

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

You might want to check out Earthstompers for the Garden Route. Small groups from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, includes Addo, Plettenberg, Knysna, Oudtshoorn, Wilderness, Hermanus, Cape Alguhas, Tsitsikamma, etc, great price. Travelled with them last August, it was great (aside from the winter weather!) Of course, you really should see Kruger while you're in SA as well!

2. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2012, 13:30
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

@ Brother Safari's - no self promoting is allowed on Tripadvisor.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

Hi,

thanks for the info, earthstompers look like a great company and very reasonable price. The only thing is I cant seem to find any trips for longer than 5-6 days on their website. They state 3-4 week tours but dont seem to be any :(

Do you have to arrange transfers from the airport to the tour ? Im only asking as bit nervous doing this all on my own for the first time.

and what was the best bit about the tour? I really like the company.

thanks in advance.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

Earthstompers will customize tours, but their standard tours are 5-6 days (best to contact them and see if they have anything else you can join). They will pick you up at the airport if you are starting the tour immediately. However, I would recommend spending several days in Cape Town before or after the tour. Cape Town is an easy city to explore on your own. Depending on your needs, you can stay in a backpackers, B&B or hotel in an accessible area and walk, take taxis and public transportation. There is a hop on/hop off bus that will take you to most of the city attractions and you could join tours for anything farther out of town - such as Cape peninsula or winelands. Perhaps after Garden Route fly to Joburg and join a tour of the city, panorama route and Kruger if you wish to spend more time. I would recommend Green Bushpig Safaris. Ask if there is a tour you can join or get a quote for a personalized tour.

Best thing about Garden Route Tour? Hard to say - the activities were great - canoeing, whalewatching, seeing lions and other wildlife in Addo, caveing. Also loved the accomodations - very accomodating backpackers in spectacular locations (i.e. ocean views). You're going to have a spectacular time in SA. I'm planning my 4th trip (and I am a solo traveller).

6. Re: reputable company for group tour to South Africa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:16