We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town tours / Hermanus

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
587 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Town tours / Hermanus

I'm thinking of going on an organised our across South Africa and have more or less 48 hrs of independent time in Cape Town.

A half day city highlights inc table mountain tour is included as is a trip to Hermanus via Betty's bay,Pringle Bay and Stoney Pt.

I've looked at tours and think a full day peninsula tour and a township tour (1/2 day or full day?) probably best for me - I don't drink so have no interest in wine. Any views?

I'm not sure whether to go next month or Nov, I'd go sooner but I wonder if Hermanus whale watching is unmissable or not?

Baz Bus - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Bus Tours
City Sightseeing
City Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Cape Convoy
Shark Diving, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Lucky and Lost Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
977 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

Hello, i would definitely recommend the full day Peninsula Tour, this is a morning tour to the Cape Point and the afternoon to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens (top 3 in the world). a Half day tour of Cape Town city includes the city only and then a trip up the cAble car to Table Mountain. Next month the weather in Cape Town by average is with May month, the best weather in Cape Town. I suggest you also do the trip to Hermanus which is a full day tour.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,978 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

Hi, we have recently returned from our 5th holiday in South Africa and spent two days in Hermanus. It is a really lovely place and must be fantastic when the whales are there. I would go in November just for that!!!

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
587 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

Thanks but that still leaves a day for another tour, or is there enough to see just walking around Cape Town itself? I'll be going to Soweto when in Jo'Burg but do you not think a township tour (District 6) or will that just be too similar or what about Robben Island?

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

I agree with you for a full day peninsula tour, do Kirstenbosch Gardens another day, if you want ? You could go to Wiesenhof just over an hours drive from Cape Town past Paarl, it's a conservation park for wildlife, not a safari but you get to see some wildlife, arrive before 10am & you follow the truck that feeds the animals in your own car. Don't take the tunnel on the way back take the old road.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

I would also suggest a Full Day Cape Point Tours and then do the City Tour on the Hop on Hop off bus, which includes, the City Center, Table Mountain and also Camps Bay for different visits along the way. With that your 2full days is booked. Hermanus you will have to do another time, because this time of the year there is no whales.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

6. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 13:26
7. Re: Cape Town tours / Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:16