We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit

llanelli
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
First time visit

Hi

I am having great difficulty planning a first visit.

At the moment it stands at,5 nights in Cape Town,1 night in Hermanus,2 nights at game reserve Botlierskop,Mossel bay.3 nights in winelands.

If I stick to this,what are the drive times,and best ways to get to Mossel bay and back to Franschoek . So much to see.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
Mossel Bay
Mossel Bay
Gros Morne National...
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visit

If youn are going to the Kruger area I would skip the game reserves in the Western Cape.

Mentioned in this post
Western Cape
Western Cape
South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visit

Driving all the way for 6hrs to Mosselbay for a game drive i would not recommend. There is a much better reserves closer to Cape Town that you can get much better service for. You can choose from Sanbona Game Reserve2hr30min and also Invedoorn Private Game Reserve also a 2hr30min drive from Cape Town.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
llanelli
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visit

Sanbona seems to be booked for the dates I need. Not sure inverdoon is what I'm looking for,what about Aquila?

Is there enough to do in Cape Town for 6 days? Thinking 6 nights there, 1 in hermanus 1 in game reserve then 3 in winelands?

Thanks

Amanda

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visit

There is MORE than enough to do in Cape Town for 6 days. 3 days in the winelands i.m.o is too much. 1 night in Hermanus is nice , in fact you can do it straight from the winelands. Aquila apparantely is like a big zoo not a game park. I also would not recommend a drive to Mossel Bay for 2 nights. Its a long way about 4 hrs each way. I havnt heard of anyone ever going to Mossel Bay for game. I have heard that Inverdoon is also very nice.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
Mossel Bay
Mossel Bay
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visit

We usually have at least a week Cape Town and then a week in the Winelands and do day trips to various places from there. We stayed in Hermanus for two nights on our last visit and really enjoyed it. I would recommend getting a good guide book on Cape Town as there is just so much to see and do. We have been 5 times now and still haven't done all we want to!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Hermanus
Hermanus
Overstrand, South Africa
llanelli
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time visit

Thanks,so you think 3 nights in the winelands would be ok?because I thought day in franschoek and a day in stellenbosch?at least.

What about game drives?have you ever done any.

Good idea think next step is a guide book,can't wait!

7. Re: First time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 05:19