We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mugla, Turkey
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve

Suggestions of where we could spend New Year's Eve please, hotel already booked. Traveling with my mother so looking for special meal/ restaurant party/ fireworks sort of thing.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve

Hi,

There will be New Year celebrations with fireworks at the Waterfront. Suggest you have dinner at Harbour House or Sevruga; Baia is also nice but expensive.

Mugla, Turkey
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve

Thought I'd post a 'What we actually did' for anyone looking for next year.We booked a set dinner at Quay 4, and had a lovely time with great food and wine. It was in an excellent spot facing the stages erected on the Waterfront. There were fireworks at 9 and midnight. Fortunately we visited earlier in our trip and were able to book in advance. The key here is that the restaurants book up in advance.

Not sure I'd plan to be in Cape Town centre over New Year again as it was so busy, much more crowded than the previous week.

3. Re: New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:18